Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Embed mp4 showing strangely in IE

Started by remeedella, October 17, 2012, 02:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

remeedella

Hello.

I just went live @ www.submissionfc.com

Major problem that I'm upset with. I was trying to find a work-around to internet explorer not showing videos embedded on product pages properly. At first it was showing correctly on firefox and internet explorer except in IE it showed a controller bar which I don't want. I want all videos to be 458x258 with autoplay, loop and no controller. I couldn't find code to simply disable controller in IE when it wasn't showing up in firefox because I didn't know how. Now I tried removing any fixes I did like adding mime types to .htaccess and changing settings to default TINYmce editor but now videos don't load in IE when I reverted changes to how they were before. It makes no sense. Please have a look here,
http://www.submissionfc.com/bjj-gikimonos/submission-hemp-sensation-gi-detail

Video loads fine in firefox but what it is doing in IE makes no sense. I see like an empty message box instead of a video.

It shouldn't have anything to do with code being stripped or mime types or anything. What the heck is going on?

Jeremy

bytelord

Hello,

Load both for me but as you said you have run media player ActiveX in IE... this is normal for using mp4.
Why you are not using a flash player for that?? Even better if supports html 5 ... Everyone has flash player installed (may be not in mobile devices but with integrated html 5 option videos will be play) that will be your solution for browser cross platform issue ...

Take a look around JED to find a suitable for your option ...http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/multimedia/multimedia-players/video-players-a-gallery

btw, that has not to do with vm

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!