News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Show two prices only in a product description page

Started by bubu636, April 02, 2012, 03:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubu636

Hello,

My store doesn't have  a complicated price structure. I want to show a regular price and discount price (if any_.

I want to show one price in product listing page so I checked "Final Salesprice" box in Show Following Prices settings.  When I view products, I see the discounted price there if the discount is applicable.

However is there a way to show both original price and sale price once a customer visit the product description page?

Thank you.

John2400

bubu636
There are some new price displays ,in some of the test versions of VM

Could you list your VM 2.0.? and Joomla versions -

* maybe you could add the description of the price in your text against your product.

Or have a look in the extensions - for price options display http://extensions.virtuemart.net/extensions-virtuemart-2/all-about-products-detail

bubu636

Thank you John2400,

I have VM 2.0.2 and Joomla 2.5.4. Adding it as a text is definitely my second option. I was just wondering if VM already had the function built in. I have never used VM before so I am a bit confused. I tried to read the manual but since it's not for VM2, it's hard to get help. So I do appreciate this forum. 

John2400

bubu636,

Yes you will have to update to the later trial versions of VM to do what you wish.
http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

bubu636

Hi John,

I downloaded the test version but I got this error. How do I fix this safe path?

Warning, the Safe path is WRONG, for safety reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL, create also a folder invoices in it to store your sensible data secure. Our suggested path is for your system /public_html/(------)/vmfiles

Thank you.

PRO

Quote from: bubu636 on April 03, 2012, 20:15:22 PM
Hi John,

I downloaded the test version but I got this error. How do I fix this safe path?

Warning, the Safe path is WRONG, for safety reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL, create also a folder invoices in it to store your sensible data secure. Our suggested path is for your system /public_html/(------)/vmfiles

Thank you.

create a folder for it, and put it in the configuration.

Thats the folder, IF you want to sell files

bubu636

Thank you for the explanation. One thing I screwed up upgrading is that it reverted my changes in vmsite-ltr file -:)

I see that product page is showing two prices... it's a good function!

I set to show prices >
    - Baseprice with Tax, but without discount
    - Final Sale Price
    - Discount amount

Can you take a look at the attached image? I am not sure where it says Price: in bold should show the base price or not. If not, how do I remove this word? I wish the base price ($125) show here.... Also, how do I change those words, "sale price", and "discount price"?

I also, noticed that "price" and "discount price" are not showing in cart page. I only see the total amount.

Thank you for helping me, John!

[attachment cleanup by admin]