Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Oversale with stockable variants

Started by PaterHimmlisch, August 05, 2014, 17:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaterHimmlisch

Hello, Forum!

I use Joomla! 2.5.13 and VM 2.6.7.

Have set articles with the plugin "stock viable variants" and self-created fields.

Unfortunately, the total number of available items is displayed in the frontend. Means the total amount of the parent product and all variants.
     This amount can then be ordered for each product in the cart!?

Example: there are three variants of an article. Each version is available three times. Makes a total of 9 pieces.
     These are shown as available.
     The customer can then select a variant, and place up to nine pieces of this variant to the cart.
     This naturally leads to an oversale, which must be avoided.

Just tried again and managed with several variants even to place more than nine piece into the cart? When I try to put even more in, 
     only the modPopup "Continue Shopping" with the text "0" appears, in tiny!?

So, dear brethren, what am I doing wrong and how may I do it right?

How do I get it out that only the respective availability is displayed and no article can be overordered? Is it possible?

About any serious and helpful answer I would be very happy,

with best regards,

PaterHimmlisch

PS: Articles with stock 0 should still remain displayed in the shop.

PaterHimmlisch

Since this behavior is quite essential and not acceptable for a shop system, it might be usefull to clarify whether the problem in this case is (again  ;) ) sitting  before or behind the screen !?
Or am I actually the only one with such a problem?

"Will" accept also paid help. But I would like to avoid to pay for a service in advance again, with the only result : "Well, that's the way it is!", or "Thx for the money, but we're not able to help you".

I had my (expensive) experiences with so called "experts".

Since it hinders the further expansion of the (live-)shop very much, I need urgent help. Futhermore it becomes more and more difficult to explain it to my boss !?  ::)