News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to add a new unit of measure

Started by Orazio, March 05, 2012, 09:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orazio

Hi there!
I wanted to ask if it can insert a new unit. I noticed it's missing the measure that is a liter for liquids, you can enter your weight, length, width, depth, but we can not put how many liters of liquid product is the package that you are showing.
Let me clarify that in fact, I do not know if it's my little experience that I did find a way to add that unit of measurement or if it just was not foreseen as a possibility.
Thanks in advance for the answers.
Orazio

John2400

I presume that the units of measure are directly related to postage.
Since shipping is based upon these units then they leave volume out that field.

Is there a postage or transport related to volume? molasses is the larges Volume I have ever seen transported - but that is done by weight too.

If you wish to describe the volume of a product ? I presume you would add it in the comments near the actual product.

I have seen other ask questions similar to this in regards to carats. ( diamonds) .

just a thought

Orazio

Comments are one thing, the description of the product is another. The product description must be sufficiently clear and detailed so that the customer understands exactly what and how much are buying without wasting time looking for information scattered here and there. If a customer sees exposed a bottle of wine and think about buying it, of course you ask how much is the bottle you buy will also be able to understand if the price has shown a good relationship or not. Will be 1 liter or 0.75 liter or even 1.5 lt? It is unthinkable to put this detail in the comments
Orazio

jenkinhill

The measurement units are there for calculation of post/shipping costs. You could change the displayed units in the relevant language file if necessary.

I prefer measurements such as height/width to be nicely laid out in the product description. To do this I use the Content Templater Component where I insert a prepared decription template into the edit window (a simple button click) and then fill in the gaps.

Alternatively you can add placeholders for width etc into the product decription template using overrides - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=92756.0

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum