News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

This webpage has a redirect loop

Started by helloworld123, December 05, 2015, 03:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

helloworld123

Hi,

Not a joomla developer so hoping someone has a quick fix here. Virtuemart pages are getting error This webpage has a redirect loop

Site running joomla 2.5.11 virtuemart  2.0.22, sefs enabled yes, checked htaccess, installed fresh htaccess, yes,

Site is:

plexuscomms.com.au (please paste into browser)

Example of VM link, left menu  Phone Handsets  plexuscomms.com.au/phone-system-handsets

I did disable the sef and oddly the VM links worked momentarily. However the problem occurred again.

As mentioned not a joomla expert so any assistance debugging this for a client would be appreciated.

Cheers

jjk

The only error I can see is a syntax error (auto:,) in this code. Probably belongs to an image slider.

$('ul#slider175').easyPaginate({
delay: 150,
numeric: true,
nextprev: true,
auto:,
loop:true,
pause:8000,
clickstop:,
controls: 'pagination-175',
step: 1

Also it looks like the connection to Google Analytics doesn't work.

Both, the Joomla version and the VirtueMart version are 4! years old and should be updated because those old versions are vulnerable.
However, I don't think the redirect loop has been there for the past 4 years. So your client probably added something recently, which might not be compatible with the old versions.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

jenkinhill

The usual reason for an unable to complete message is a misconfigured .htaccess  or one which is incompatible with the server. The only way to debug is first to turn off all SEF in Joomla and VM, and rename the .htaccess file. If the site then works (after clearing browser & Joomla caches) I would turn on VM SEF, followed by Joomla's SEF in steps, first tuening on "Search Engine Friendly URLs" and test again. If OK then turn on Use URL rewriting and  the .htaccess

I'd be concerned about the vulnerability of the Joomla/VM versions on the site, which are known to have critical security issues. However, is updating you should test on a backup copy of the site as it is possible that the template overrides used will need editing.   http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum