News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Hide VAT on VAT exempt products

Started by Debayne, May 09, 2013, 10:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Debayne

Hi guys,

Just taken over a site built by someone else, and not used VM for ages.

I have searched the forums, but could not find anything, so forgive me if already answered.

My client has a clothing shopping and in the UK, childrens clothing is VAT exempt therefore on the childrens clothing they would like to hide the excluding VAT price.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Debayne

Can anyone help with this please?

Thanks

Debayne

Firstly sorry for originally posting in the wrong area, just I wasn't sure if it was product creation or a templating issue.

Does anyone know if I can hide price without tax on products were the tax is zero rated?

I am shocked that this has not been answered before as I am was sure there would have been other users with the same problem?

Thanks again

stinga

do the items have a zero rated vat code? I have not looked at the latest J!VM code still running an old version
Stinga.
614869 products in 747 categories with 15749 products in 1 category.
                                             Document Complete   Fully Loaded
                Load Time First Byte Start Render   Time      Requests      Time      Requests
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4

Debayne

Thanks for the reply, stinga.

Yes all the relevant products are zero rated

jenkinhill

I set something like this up using a template override for  components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/default_showprices.php  The override file was assigned to the categories that needed a different price field layout, or in this case a field exclusion.

For the use of overrides  see http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/33-templating-layouts.html and http://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/overrides
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Debayne

Oooh, thanks jenkinhill, I would have never thought of doing it that way!

Will have a play, and let you know.

Thanks

Debayne

jenkinhill, you are a star!

It works beautifully

Many thanks :)