News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Custom Textfield Causes 500 Error on Add to Cart

Started by d3lo, April 22, 2013, 21:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d3lo

I am creating a product with a custom textfield. I believe I have set up everything correctly. The product page displays fine, with the text field:

http://thebestdamncalendars.com/shop/build-your-calendar/build-your-calendar-detail

For a little more information, a Joomla component will dynamically create a product page that uses the exact same form from the Virtuemart generated product page to dynamically fill in that text field with an ID number. The user will not enter the ID number (the field will be hidden), but I need to carry it through the checkout process. This isn't exactly important, but it may help make sense of what I'm trying to accomplish.

However, when you hit the add to cart button, you get a 500 error. This does not happen with any other product, which do not have any custom fields. Also, if I remove the custom field, the product adds perfectly.

I can't seem to find out what is causing the 500 error, other than something with the custom field. I'm just not sure how to fix it.

Anyone have any ideas? Did I set something up wrong?

d3lo

Bump.

I tried downloading the 2.0.20b Virtuemart Install package and replacing a few files that may have been modified:

"components/com_virtuemart/controllers/cart.php"
"components/com_virtuemart/helpers/cart.php"
"components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default.php"
"components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/default.php"
"components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/default_customfields.php"

Replaced all these files with their original versions. Still getting the same 500 error.

I'm stumped.

nickerbocker

I am having this problem too.  Ever find the issue???