News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart does not send administrator confirmation e-mail.

Started by pjfroelofs, February 20, 2013, 13:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjfroelofs

For a friend I installed joomla 2.5 and virtuemart2.
In testing phase all went well, but then we switced to production.

Since I was the one who installed virtuemart, I got the email order confirmations.
But that mail was suppose to go to my friend, an other user.

What I think I should have done is, change the name and e-mail adres of the super administrator.
But what I did:
- make a new super administrator login for me
- remove the main super administrator
- log into phpadmin and change in the user-table the user-id of my friend to the original super user id.

This worked perfect.
But then my friend changed her super-user name.
And since then, she does not receive any more emails, when somebody orders something in the store.

Can anybody give me some hints on how to resolve this?

Yours,
Patrick Roelofs

pjfroelofs

Anybody?

I have recently build a community builder joomla website.
And when I had a question, some administrator of the CBforum answers relatively fast.

But in this forum nothing!
Give me a hint, or at least an answer like I have to reinstall, or whatever.

K&K media production

You must go to shop configuration and there is the account from shop owner with email address. The confirmation mail goes to this email address.

jenkinhill

Most often you will get no reply because you have not stated exactly which J/VM versions you are using. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=79799.0

Such mail problems have been answered many times in the forum. Use phpMyAdmin to check the #_virtuemart_userinfos  table - there should be a 1 in the user_is_vendor field for the user who is to receive the mail and for no other user.

In case this is on a shared server also see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=113605.msg382153#msg382153
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum