News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Images for Top Level Category

Started by OwenPatrick, July 05, 2012, 14:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OwenPatrick

Hello,
Interglobepanama.com is a Joomla 2.5 Virtuemart 2 site.  In the main menu, products is a Virtuemart Category Layout menu-type with Top-level categories selected as Category type.  The top-level categories are displayed with the Image titled "Image Unavailable".  Where can I upload Images to display at the top-level?  I have Images for each Product Category and that works fine once you drill down, but not at the top on the landing page.  Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Owen

spendy

Joomla 2.5.6
VM 2.0.6

srajca

Upload the image in vm config in the category field - search for images and upload them. Or use FTP to upload them to /images/stories/virtuemart/category and then chose them in your category description in BE of VM config

OwenPatrick

Hi Srajca,
I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my issue.  I am attaching screen shots to show you that there is an Image in the Category description.  But it does not display at the top-level category list.  It does display when that Category is selected from the list.  Hope you can take a look and advise further.
Best Regards,
Owen

[attachment cleanup by admin]

srajca

I added some notes on your pdf file, take a look bellow. let me know if it works. And if it does mark this thread as solved.
best regards.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

OwenPatrick

dogmansa

Hi Guys

Site is on local host
Joomla! 3.10.2
VirtueMart 3.8.8 10472

I know this was a long time ago but I am having a similar problem. I get the noimage.gif when I create a link that selects top level category. I can't locate where to insert the image. Can you advise please how you fixed yours?

jjk

If I'm not mistaken you are locking out many forum users from your website, so they can't check the problem.
403: Access Forbidden
Your location (DE) has been disallowed.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

GJC Web Design

when I make a link to the root category  .. i.e index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=0&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=0

all I see are the subcategories and any products assigned to the root - there is no display of the root category i.e. virtuemart_category_id=0

try with a standard template like Beez
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Jörgen

@jjk

Site is on local host
Joomla! 3.10.2
VirtueMart 3.8.8 10472

His site is on local host ...

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

dogmansa

Quote from: jjk on October 02, 2021, 21:47:12 PM
If I'm not mistaken you are locking out many forum users from your website, so they can't check the problem.
403: Access Forbidden
Your location (DE) has been disallowed.

Apologies. The site I am having an issue with is not live. Thanks for responding

dogmansa

Quote from: GJC Web Design on October 02, 2021, 22:29:11 PM
when I make a link to the root category  .. i.e index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=0&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=0

all I see are the subcategories and any products assigned to the root - there is no display of the root category i.e. virtuemart_category_id=0

try with a standard template like Beez

Thanks... Let me try that. My previous template was fine so I am sure that it is something to do with template settings or I've clicked something I should not have!