News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM does cot change currency to pay with paypal

Started by hatrena, June 15, 2011, 05:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatrena

Hi guys,

The default currency for my website is USD although CAD and EUR are enabled as possible currencies through the VM currency module, everything seems to work fine on the front end with currency conversion i.e. a $33 item becomes £20.

However when this is then taken over to paypal, it seems to not only get converted back to £ the price goes up!

i.e. When I attempted to put an order through for $38 (corect price when converted to USD) which was labelled as $38 throughout all pages on my website, on the first stage of the paypal page I was presented with the price being £38. i mean amount will remain same but currency does not changes.

It wouldn't be so bad if the £ price reflected the $ price but it doesn't convert correctly at all or retain the currency type.

I have already posted in VM forums but 3 days have passed with no reply, so I'm hoping some of the more active developers over here can help. Thanks guys!

hope someone can help! ??? Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase

Reincha

Hope you found answer by now because forum is full uf suggestions to this problem...

most suggest that problem is with paypal extra info:
"currency_code" => $_SESSION['vendor_currency'],

where you need to change vendor_currency to product_currency

it works for current session, but i would better suggest
Call:
$currency = $db->f("order_currency");

And then replace:
"currency_code" => $_SESSION['vendor_currency'],
with:
"currency_code" => $currency,

Suerly

Hi what file do I need to edit to make this change please? Thanks