Content Encoding Error after upgrade to 3.0.18 from 3.0.16

Started by WebStuff, September 27, 2016, 20:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WebStuff

Getting a content encoding error below when gzip compression is set to on this worked fine before the upgrade. No Debug options set which is the only other time I've seen this.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Joomla! 3.6.2 Stable
VM 3.0.18

PRO

WebStuff

Thanks PRO should have mentioned that. I cleared joomla cache and browser cache.
The install seemed to go okay but then went to the Content Encoding error where it would normally go to the success screen I'd imagine so something in the install isn't playing nicely.
It's a test system so I'll rollback and see if I can track it whilst doing the upgrade.

WebStuff

I've narrowed it down to the AIO update it doesn't happen with the main VM update only once the AIO is applied.
So it would seem to be one of the plugins not playing nicely. :-)

WebStuff

It turns out to be the Amazon vmpayment plugin that is having a problem with gzip compression.
If compression is on and Amazon plugin disabled ... OR ... compression is off and Amazon plugin is enabled then all works fine
As soon as I enable the Amazon plugin with compression enabled then Content Error occurs.

Milbo

The problem is that the amazon library is ANSI encoded. Maybe we missed it also for amazon.php mainfile and the templates. Usually there is no problem to mix ANSI with UTF-8. Would be good to know more, you may test it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

WebStuff

I'll keep at it Milbo and see if I can narrow it down. :-)