News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How do you get paid?

Started by Melanie Warn, January 13, 2005, 05:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melanie Warn

Hello guys

I am completely new to Mambo as well as this awesome looking product. I am a complete n00b and have never setup any kind of online payment options before. Except for paypal of course.

I have looked at this sites documentation but I do not get any information displayed under the \"payments\" category so wondered if you guys could help me out.

How exactly do you get paid once a user has bought something in shopping cart filled in their credit card details and submitted the form.

I have read many threads on here already in the hope id find someone as stupid as myself (but no such luck). Something about payment processors?

Do you have to sign up with a different company that can handle credit card payments and in turn im guessing that particular configuration information gets entered into phpshop? I would really appreciate if anyone could possibly explain how this works and what exactly I need to accept credit card details?

Are their different types of payment processors? Which are the best? I am in the United Kingdom so I guess I need a UK based payment processor. (I am just guessing now)

would really appreciate any help.

thanks in advance!!  ;)

Oliver

Hi there!

Well, I see it's well over 2 weeks ago you asked these questions.

Anyway, I feel like answering them shortly - so they don't remain unaswered:-)

You can choose to go two routes:

A real merchant account - they cost a lot to set up and a monthly charge. But it will allow you to *charge creditcard directly on your site, quite transparantly*...

A PayPal kinda account - they are inexpensive to setup and almost never charge monthly fees, but a small percentage and a per-transfer cost.

You can also offer both. Some people like PayPal, as they trust PayPal to be secure.

Actually I think there is one service who sits somehow in the middle of those two categories mantioned above: Authorize.net - who will let you charge creditcards directly, but at less cost than  \"real\" merchant accounts...

(I'm not 100% sure about that last part - but that's what I've heard).

Good luck - and hopefully you found the info you were looking for several weeks ago.

(slow forum here:-)