Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Need to remove words "Payment Method" from Thank You page - PLEASE

Started by butchtones, May 08, 2012, 04:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

butchtones

Joomla 1.7x
VM 2

First - I *have* looked for this for days now.  The only things I can find are 2009 in VM1.  I've been banging my hear against this for Sooooo long.  I'm hoping some kind person will help me.

I need to remove the words "Payment Method". 

My site doesn't have actual ordering.  It's a request for a quote or an order . 

Payment methods have been changed in the config to be
1. Request a Quote or
2. Place and Order. 

You can see that having the extra words payment method would be confusing.

Thank you for any help

jenkinhill

The language string responsible is in joomla_root/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini  - use a language override to apply your own text.   http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=92944.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mmbax

I cant seem to remove "Payment method" from this page either. I have searched everywhere in the code and it does not appear in the Language Overrides.

Did you find a solution, butchtones?  or anyone???

Joomla 2.5
VM 2.0.10

jenkinhill

The following string is in joomla_root/language/administrator/en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini

COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_PRINT_PAYMENT_LBL="Payment Method"

Use the Language manager in Joomla 2.5 to search for strings and create overrides. Extensions/Language manager/Overrides/New - See if that is the one you need.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mmbax

FINALLY.

after a lot of searching I fount the right file to remove the words "Payment method" from the thank you page. The key to finding it is that it is the only instance of this phrase where the 'm' is lower case!!

It is not administrator/language/en-gb/en-GB.com_vmpayment_standard.ini as everyone says it is.

It is actually in administrator/language/en-gb/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_standard.ini line 30 (that is the Plugin for the payment method used, mine being VM Standard, NOT the Component.)

I hope this helps anyone else as i searched for days to fix this!