News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM - VM - Custom, stockable variants not working / saving correctly

Started by darhvader666uk, August 11, 2012, 01:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darhvader666uk

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and was wondering if anyone could help?

Im kinda of pulling my hair out about this one and im already going bald.

This is the first time I have used Joomla / Virtumart however I have been a PHP developer for about 5 years so I know my way around the code.

What I am trying to achieve is using the VM - Custom, stockable variants plugin so that I can add a t-shirt to the store but to have stock controlled options for the different sizes.

So, first thing I do is go into Custom Fields within the products menu on the left hand side of Virtumart.  Here I make a new Field where I am then present with options.  After looking at tutorials, I have found that you then need to select Plugins within the Custom Field type.  I then make sure its published and also part of the cart attribute and fill out the rest.  Then you have another drop down box called "Select Plug-in".  This is where I select VM - Custom, stockable variants and options appear below.

I enter in the first option "Size" and then the box blow a S, M, and L all in a new line with no commas etc.

As soon as I then press save, all the information disappears. 

However, If I look in the db under ab3o9_virtuemart_customs, I can see there is an entry for it.  THis is the confusing part as im sure this should be displaying, right?

I carry on to make a product, fill in the relevant info and then go to the cutom fields tag to which I select the custom field I made with VM - Custom, stockable variants.  However, when I select the plugin, there is no dropdown box for the sizes I alread specified (and what tutorials seem to suggest).

This is causing me great headaches as when I run email diagnostic throughout the stockable.php file, it seems to gather the correct information and because of this, nothing is showing on the front end.

If anyone can hbelp or point me in the right direct, that would be perfect as this is giving me nightmares!

If it helps. im using VM2.0.6.

THanks in advance,

Stu

winstart

having the same problem
i get the following bugs
vmdebug selectedThis $name stockable does not fit pluginname textinput
vmdebug selectedThis $name stockable does not fit pluginname specification

ESFHNteam

Here also the same problem.

We're adding 2 different types of fields (Color and Size). Actaully these fields are shown in frontend and the first option color seems to work correctly. The second field has as well the field size, with a dropbox, but this one is empty.

The second thing is we can find this information some where in the database, where are these color and size option specified and saved in the database.

Hope an expert can assist us with this issue.

Thanks in advance!