News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Change add to cart button link

Started by antonlundn9, May 28, 2013, 11:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonlundn9

Hi! Right now if someone adds a product to the cart they get redirected to the cart. When you press the add to cart button I want them to stay on the current page.

Hope you understand what I mean.

Version: 2.0.20b

jenkinhill

Check Configuration / Templates under Activate Css Styles & Javascripts that  Using the product Scripts is turned on and under Configuration / Checkout that Display modal popup upon 'Add to cart' is selected.

Normal action is for an AJAX popup to appear with a link to continue shopping or go to cart, the user stays on the product page and is not sent to the cart unless they select to do so. If this does not work for you then you probably have a JavaScript conflict with your Joomla template or some other module/plugin.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

antonlundn9

Thank you for answering. The popup works, but I dont want a popup, I want to be able to stay on the current page without the popup appearing.

jenkinhill

YOu still need to fire the AJAX to update the cart, so look at hiding the popup using css. eg see https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=107038.msg358289#msg358289
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

antonlundn9

Great, now it works, can't believe I didn't think of that sooner, just hiding the popup with CSS. Thanks a bunch.