News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

no childs in category display

Started by RoppIT, May 11, 2020, 12:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoppIT

I have a viruemart shop. For some products there are child products. I searched the forum how to display just the main product in category view. But I can not find the solution. What I need is just the main product being showed in the category view, and when clicking on the main product that the chields can be chosen in the main product but not being chown in the collection of that category. Is there anyone who can tell me how this is being done?
Thanks , regards,

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

RoppIT

I am sorry, it's version VirtueMart 3.6.10 10211 (just updated) 3.8.0 10319
Joomla version 3.9.18
PHP 7.3.9 ( version 7.4 is still not available at the profider )

Jörgen

Check settings in configuration, You can turn on visibility for child products there.
If You want to hide children from search, erase category for child, totally erase otherwise they will show. Only parent should have category.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

RoppIT

Aha  :)

Do you meen exactly ->Configuration ->shopfront and than at the bottom on the left "Show products from subcategories" ( yes or no)?
I think this is the option I was searching for  8)

I tried the setting I mentioned, but with no succes. I see all variables on one page (at the moment)

Jörgen

Quote from: Jörgen on May 11, 2020, 13:45:29 PM
If You want to hide children from search, erase category for child, totally erase otherwise they will show. Only parent should have category.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

RoppIT

Hi Jörgen,

This is what I whas searching for. Super simple solution that works great, thank you!  :o

Jörgen

You still have the configuration to use as an override, but with category on the children they will show.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x