News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Recent posts

Your layoutname for the product is Nessunasovrascrittura. We set 16 chars there, many years ago. I set it now to 48 varchars.
Do NOT modify the Db yourself. Next update it is reverted, because it is a field controlled by vm. You can add your own columns and they should be touched, but do not change existing ones.

But you can fix it just entering the same number as me in the svn for your live installation and use the table updater in the tools.

The file to change is in /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/install/install.sql. Change line 840 to `layout` varchar(48).

But do you really want to use the layout override here? The common way is to leave it blank. But a version before was something broken, there was no blank. So the fix is, that we have a gain the blank version.

and you could not store this layout before, because it has clearly more than 16 chars.
Hazel we send always the canonical url and if the current url is differnt but valid, we add the other url.
But any url added in the header should not reflect the fantasy categories.

mysite.com/canonCat/myproduct-detail =>

<link href="http://mysite.com/canonCat/myproduct-detail" rel="canonical">

if you used mysite.com/validCat/myproduct-detail or if the product is available in other languages, you get an extra line in the header like

<link href="/validCat/myproduct-detail" rel="alternate" hreflang="de-DE">

So your whole text does not fit here, because your almost last sentence says it

QuoteUsing the canonical meta tag: The canonical meta tag can be added to the HTML code of pages to point Google to the preferred version of the page.

So if you enter mysite.com/fantasyCat/myproduct-detail

your header will show <link href="http://mysite.com/canonCat/myproduct-detail" rel="canonical">
Because you should not choose the vat in the product edit. So you are using the old 90s system. VM2 and higher works with categories. So a simple job has one vat rule and thats it, no more config needed.

https://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general-concepts/tax-and-calculation-rules-overview
The reason is simple, you added imho www.xxx.nl in your joomla config, but your page is without www. So the js cannot work.
Language/Translations / Re: Issue when i change langua...
Last post by extonjaez - Yesterday at 21:22:06 PM
error is caused by
"Base Custom Fields for All" Plugin version 3.3.0 from breakdesigns.net

I do not thank the forum manager for his total absence of response
 :-\
Language/Translations / Re: Issue when i change langua...
Last post by extonjaez - Yesterday at 20:48:00 PM
Some Help Please...  :-\
It looks the error is "data too long for column layout"

I'd try to set that field to a wider size using something like phpMyAdmin or issuing an "ALTER TABLE" if you know how to do it from command line.

Let we know and good luck 
Hi,
if it can be useful, with parameter "with Breakdown" in OFF, the problem not appears!

In your template, for your product URL, instead of using category_id by default, choose
product_canon_category_id. This prevents your server from generating an excessive amount of unnecessary data and saves RAM

Quotevirtuemart_category_id='.$product->category_id
change to:
Quotevirtuemart_category_id='.$product->product_canon_category_id

Multiplying an excessive number of duplicate links is not beneficial for SEO and website performance. Even though a canonical URL helps Google identify the preferred version of a page, search engine bots can still crawl and index duplicates, which can lead to issues.

Here are some reasons why you should limit generating excessive duplicates:

Disk space savings: Storing multiple copies of the same page takes up more server space.

RAM savings: Indexing and processing duplicates consumes more RAM, which can slow down the server.

Processor power savings: Processing duplicates requires more CPU power, which can lead to server overload.

Longer indexing time: An excess of duplicates can increase the time it takes for Google to find and index the correct version of the page.

Ranking issues: Google may penalize pages with an excessive number of duplicates, which can lower their search engine ranking.

Instead of multiplying duplicates, focus on creating high-quality content and building valuable links to the preferred version of the page. Only use a canonical URL when you have multiple versions of the same page, such as with different URL parameters or language versions.

In addition, you can implement strategies that limit duplicate creation, such as:

Using structured data: Adding structured data to pages helps Google better understand their content and context, which can reduce the risk of indexing duplicates.

Blocking duplicates in robots.txt: You can configure the robots.txt file to prevent search engine bots from indexing specific folders or files that contain duplicates.

Using the canonical meta tag: The canonical meta tag can be added to the HTML code of pages to point Google to the preferred version of the page.

Remember, SEO is an ongoing process, and regular monitoring and updating your linking strategy is crucial for ensuring optimal page performance.
Product creation / Re: character counter for meta...
Last post by mehmesen - May 20, 2024, 12:22:20 PM
Thanks

Can I get the file path of the product editing page back-end the site?

Best regards