News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

ISTRAXX UPS Plug-in not calculating any shipping

Started by kirkdickinson, November 14, 2014, 20:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirkdickinson

I purchased the ISTRAXX plug-in for VirtueMart for UPS.

Some of my shippments are getting properly calculated.

However, I am getting a lot of orders that are not being charged any UPS. Where the UPS shipping type should be it says: UPS VMSHIPMENT_ISTRAXX_UPS_SERVICES and is calculating $0.00

How can I prevent this. I am losing a lot of money because it isn't putting in the proper UPS fee.

Thanks,

Kirk
PHP Built On:    Windows NT NTC45 6.1 build 7601 (Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition Service Pack 1) i586
Database Version:      5.6.14
Database Collation:      utf8_general_ci
PHP Version:    5.3.13
Web Server:    Microsoft-IIS/7.5
WebServer to PHP Interface:    cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version:    Joomla! 2.5.16 Stable [ Ember ] 06-November-2013 22:30 GMT
User Agent    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

kirkdickinson

Yeah, I haven't had any luck with the ticket I posted.  :'(

Can't even find my ticket anymore. Seems to have disappeared.
PHP Built On:    Windows NT NTC45 6.1 build 7601 (Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition Service Pack 1) i586
User Agent    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0

alatak

Hello

You posted your ticket 2014-11-17 17:11:14, or may be it is a new ticket ?

I am looking at your issue at the moment, and was answering your ticket.
You are using the vponepagecheckout system plugin. I do not have that plugin,and i wrote this morning to the developer requesting a version so i can test.
I noticed some checkout problems:
1) when i add a product to the cart, go to the cart, register, and add to cart again, then i have to register again. This is vponepagecheckout system plugin probably.
2) by default you have a country / state in the ST address: what happens in that case is that the plugin then request UPS rates with the ST address, but it is incomplete (missing ZIP for example). And the message "We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order."  This issue i can fix it.
3) In the cart , NO prices for the product , shipment, or total is displayed. Why ?

At this point i cannot say if the problem is the UPS plugin or vponepagecheckout system plugin

alatak

Hello

I have done furhter tests, and looked at the source code of the cart page:
- the jquery used by the UPS plugin  is not included in the code
- the vponepagecheckout system plugin adds in this code in the radio select button onclick="return ProOPC.setshipment(this);"
so it cannot work.

also i noticed, that if by any chance one UPS rate is selected, it will always the 2nd in the list,, because your virtuemart_shipment_method for the UPS plugin = 2
and then once it is selected, it is impossible to change it.

alatak

Hello again,

the only way to fix the issue, is that you create one shipment method per Delivery Services.
It is not possible to use the vponepagecheckout system plugin and the UPS plugin another way.

kirkdickinson

Quote from: alatak on November 18, 2014, 14:33:41 PM
Hello again,

the only way to fix the issue, is that you create one shipment method per Delivery Services.
It is not possible to use the vponepagecheckout system plugin and the UPS plugin another way.

I didn't set up the vponepagecheckout system, but paid someone else to do it. The regular way on VirtueMart is not intuitive, awkward, and has too many steps.

I need to be able to give customers a choice for shipping because UPS and USPS are very different for the same item depending on where it is going. 

Is there a way to get single page checkout and several shipping options? 

Thanks,

Kirk