News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VirtueMart Products Module

Started by sim085, July 26, 2013, 12:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sim085

Hello, I am trying to make use of the VirtueMart Products module.
I add the VirtueMart Products module like any other module, i.e. from Extentions -> Module Manager.
However I cannot see any results on the website front end. It is as there is no module.

I am sure that I am adding the module to the right position (in other words, other modules in the same position show correctly) and I have place the module in all pages in order to make sure it is not a configuration problem from my side.

Is there a known issue with this module?

sim085

I did a small investigation myself and found that the following line in mod_virtuemart_product.php is returning an empty value

$products = $productModel->getProductListing($Product_group, $max_items, $show_price, true, false,$filter_category, $category_id);

i.e. $products is remaining empty and therefore the module returns false.

This looks like the SQL that is being generated:

SELECT l.`virtuemart_product_id`
  FROM `jos_virtuemart_products_en_gb` as l JOIN `jos_virtuemart_products` AS p using (`virtuemart_product_id`)
  LEFT JOIN `jos_virtuemart_product_categories` as pc
  ON p.`virtuemart_product_id` = `pc`.`virtuemart_product_id`
  LEFT JOIN `jos_virtuemart_categories_en_gb` as c
  ON c.`virtuemart_category_id` = `pc`.`virtuemart_category_id`
  LEFT JOIN `jos_virtuemart_product_prices` as pp
  ON p.`virtuemart_product_id` = pp.`virtuemart_product_id`
  LEFT JOIN `jos_virtuemart_product_shoppergroups`
  ON p.`virtuemart_product_id` = `jos_virtuemart_product_shoppergroups`.`virtuemart_product_id`
  LEFT
  OUTER JOIN `jos_virtuemart_shoppergroups` as s
  ON s.`virtuemart_shoppergroup_id` = `jos_virtuemart_product_shoppergroups`.`virtuemart_shoppergroup_id`
  WHERE ( p.`published`="1"
  AND `pc`.`virtuemart_category_id` = 1
  AND `pc`.`virtuemart_category_id` > 0
  AND ( s.`virtuemart_shoppergroup_id`= "1" OR s.`virtuemart_shoppergroup_id` IS NULL )
  AND p.`created_on` > "2013-07-19 11:52:51" )
  group by p.`virtuemart_product_id`
  ORDER BY p.`created_on`DESC
  LIMIT 0, 6

sim085

Ok, found the solution. The sql had the following line

p.`created_on` > "2013-07-19 11:52:51"

My products where added long time ago. I went to Configuration->Shop Front and changed "Latest Products - Number of days to display".