News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VirtueMart 2 Theme (works with your current joomla template)

Started by Eugen S., May 10, 2012, 15:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SparksArts

I disabled "$this->loadjQueryLibrary()" in mowebso.php, but franzpeter is correct. After disabling, the ajax add to cart doesn't work with the cart module. And clicking any photo thumbnails doesn't load their full size versions. So this isn't going to work. Even if I did upgrade, disabling the mowebso jQuery in the plugin setting won't solve my issues. It fixes the problem of adding 2 products to the cart, but creates 2 other problems that are worse.

Unfortunately, I've tried this with Virtuemart jQuery loading turned off and Shoplicious jQuery enabled, and I tried it with both disabled - neither solves my problem of 2 products added to the cart instead of only 1.

I wouldn't mind updating to the latest version of Shoplicious theme. I just can't get the new pkg_mowebsolibraryplugin.zip to install. It always returns the error:
Library Install: No library file specified
Package Install: There was an error installing an extension: lib_mowebso.zip
Error installing package

Why does this happen? I tried uninstalling the original versions of library and plugin from version 1.0.8 before installing pkg_mowebsolibraryplugin.zip from Shoplicious version 1.0.14, but it still fails.

Richard
Richard Sparks, Website Developer

Eugen S.

Just grab the latest version again. We had a typo in one of our files and noticed it a hour later. It seems you got that broken file.

I just updated your ticket and attached the pkg_mowebsolibraryplugin.zip and the VirtueMart theme in their latest version just to make sure we are running the same latest files.

Is there a setting in the yootheme products to disable jQuery?

Send me a pm ;-)

SparksArts

Can I install pkg_mowebsolibraryplugin.zip over the old library and plugin, or do I need to uninstall those first?

Yootheme template does not have a setting to disable jQuery, and I probably need theirs for Widgetkit to work.

Richard
Richard Sparks, Website Developer

Eugen S.

Quote from: sparkosis on January 08, 2013, 19:09:28 PM
Can I install pkg_mowebsolibraryplugin.zip over the old library and plugin, or do I need to uninstall those first?

Yootheme template does not have a setting to disable jQuery, and I probably need theirs for Widgetkit to work.

Richard

You can just install it - no need to uninstall something first. It will update automatically.
Send me a pm ;-)

bobbymilk

Bug 1.  in check out step 4 is that i cant seem to change the quantity of the item. I first have to press the refresh button and the page update and the layout change i little bit so the re fresh button is under the quantity field. Now i can enter a diffrent number and refresh. 

Bug 2. On  fill in customer information my moduls in sidebar position does not show.  It is JUST on this step it occurs. The VM template is full width for the site and the country option field is waaaaay long all over the side.  See attachments

Bug 3 importent one. Also i noticed a more individual problem to my site and your Vm template. I have static freight cost up to a certain amount, then its free. I also have a invoce fee for a specifik payment solution.  With your template the invoice fee also vanish when the amount reach the free freight amount.  I checked to other templates and it is just in yours that it occurs. On the VM invoice the fee is still there so it is just in the cart it goes away and leave a blank column.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

franzpeter

@bobbymilk,

about bug 2: there is no bug in the shoplicous theme. Did you publish that specific missing module for the customer account page? If Joomla has no menu link to the customer account page it cannot show specific modules for specific pages. If you do not want to show those menus just do not create a module while creating the specific menu in joomla. So it remains hidden in your pages but you can assign modules to those pages.
about bug 1: If you want to change the quantity you can push the little button near the quantity display. It will link back to the cart page, where you can change the quantity and then continue. The shoplicious theme is just a layout and design change of the original VM 2 theme, so it can just do what the original VM theme does. I do not think that VM 2 default theme is able to dynamically change the quantity in that checkout step. That would maybe only work if there would be an ajax script to dynamically change those things in that checkout step. VM 2 has no one page checkout function in that way where you can change everything in every checkout step as far as I know.

bobbymilk

Quote from: franzpeter on January 09, 2013, 16:16:38 PM
@bobbymilk,

about bug 2: there is no bug in the shoplicous theme. Did you publish that specific missing module for the customer account page? If Joomla has no menu link to the customer account page it cannot show specific modules for specific pages. If you do not want to show those menus just do not create a module while creating the specific menu in joomla. So it remains hidden in your pages but you can assign modules to those pages.
about bug 1: If you want to change the quantity you can push the little button near the quantity display. It will link back to the cart page, where you can change the quantity and then continue. The shoplicious theme is just a layout and design change of the original VM 2 theme, so it can just do what the original VM theme does. I do not think that VM 2 default theme is able to dynamically change the quantity in that checkout step. That would maybe only work if there would be an ajax script to dynamically change those things in that checkout step. VM 2 has no one page checkout function in that way where you can change everything in every checkout step as far as I know.

Ok, thx for responding. Tried your solution but to no avail.  made i secret menu andded a menu link to the VM customer account. Then added the module to show on that menu link.  Understand your explenation to bug 2 so thats good.

Bug 3 is really my main concern though as i now cant use my set up on free freight over a certain amount.

Eugen S.

Quote from: bobbymilk on January 09, 2013, 15:46:10 PM
Bug 3 importent one. Also i noticed a more individual problem to my site and your Vm template. I have static freight cost up to a certain amount, then its free. I also have a invoce fee for a specifik payment solution.  With your template the invoice fee also vanish when the amount reach the free freight amount.  I checked to other templates and it is just in yours that it occurs. On the VM invoice the fee is still there so it is just in the cart it goes away and leave a blank column.

Can you make a screenshot of that missing line for our theme and for the default VirtueMart view so I can better understand which line is missing.
Send me a pm ;-)

bobbymilk

Quote from: Eugen S. on January 10, 2013, 09:34:53 AM

Can you make a screenshot of that missing line for our theme and for the default VirtueMart view so I can better understand which line is missing.

Here is a screenshot ,, to the left one cart and to the right the other wich is faulty.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

franzpeter

@bobbymilk,

I can confirm that bug 3 with the shoplicous theme. Choosing a payment method with a fee and an order, which is high enough to have free shipping, does not contain the payment fee. Did try it out with the standard VM 2 cod plugin and it is the same there. Say I have set a an order amount of 100 Euro for free shipping and a customer places an order for 200 Euro for example the freight is free but the payment fee obviously too, which should be for example 7 Euro by default, even if the order amount is enough for free shipping.
Found another bug, but I do not know if it is a theme bug or a VM 2 bug. If a customer tries to login and uses an incorrect password or name for login, the customer receives a blank page instead of an information telling that the password or the name was wrong.

Eugen S.

Quote from: bobbymilk on January 10, 2013, 14:18:55 PM

Here is a screenshot ,, to the left one cart and to the right the other wich is faulty.

We just published a new version and I think we could fix it. Use your download keys which you got after purchase to download the latest version.

Kind regards
Eugen
Send me a pm ;-)

bobbymilk

Quote from: Eugen S. on January 11, 2013, 10:57:01 AM
Quote from: bobbymilk on January 10, 2013, 14:18:55 PM

We just published a new version and I think we could fix it. Use your download keys which you got after purchase to download the latest version.

Kind regards
Eugen

Seems to have done it! Great thx

bobbymilk

BTW, can i change the terms of service checkbox to be checked by default? Tried to find a solution but none have worked.
Also i wish to remove the "sort by" and  "manufacturer" row options as it is to no use for me on the category

Eugen S.

Quote from: bobbymilk on January 11, 2013, 13:12:29 PM
Also i wish to remove the "sort by" and  "manufacturer" row options as it is to no use for me on the category

Please open the following file:
/templates/ your template /html/com_virtuemart/themes/default/category/default_start.php

Remove Line 51 - 54 where you see:

<?php // Output: Order By Fields
if (!empty($this->orderByList['orderby']) || !empty($this->orderByList['manufacturer'])) {
echo $this->loadTemplate('orderby');
?>

Quote from: bobbymilk on January 11, 2013, 13:12:29 PM
BTW, can i change the terms of service checkbox to be checked by default? Tried to find a solution but none have worked.

This could be done with a custom job. It requires additional jQuery Script for our theme or a VirtueMart core hack.
Send me a pm ;-)

franzpeter

About the potential bug I wrote:
Found another bug, but I do not know if it is a theme bug or a VM 2 bug. If a customer tries to login and uses an incorrect password or name for login, the customer receives a blank page instead of an information telling that the password or the name was wrong.

It was not a bug. It was a problem with a plugin. The plugin did prevent mootools from loading. Obviously Joomla 2.5 needs moo tools for Joomla user registration forms. Removing the plugin did solve the problem. So it had nothing to do with VM 2 or shoplicious theme!