News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Noindex marker at List Orders page

Started by ex3mist, December 23, 2020, 15:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ex3mist

Hello,
I get an error in the Google Search Console that says that the List Orders page has a marker "Noindex". As I check the source code, it realy is:
<meta name="robots" content="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW, NOARCHIVE, NOSNIPPET" />
I'd like to remove it so that the global settings are valid for this page too. But I can't find which file this is comming from. Can you tell me where to look for it?

J! 3.9.23
VM 3.8.6

pinochico

QuoteI'd like to remove

Big Mistake  ;D
Really you want on google index after search have 150 000 URL's with your customer's order lists?
Do you understand Google Searh Console really?
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

ex3mist

Thanks for your opinion pinochico, but I'll ask you to keep it. I'm not opening this topic to argue whether it is OK or not. I just want to remove it and I'm looking for the file that generates it. If you can't point it, don't answer. Obviously you have a lot of free time, but I don't.

Studio 42

Say to google to not index this pages and add in the order menu link NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW
Why indexing private pages ?

ex3mist

Quote from: Studio 42 on December 24, 2020, 00:48:56 AM
Say to google to not index this pages and add in the order menu link NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW
Why indexing private pages ?

I have no idea. But this comes as an error in the Search Console. And if there is an error, the ranking in the index decreases. If they want to index it, let them index. Why should I restrict it.

Studio 42

You can add rules in the search console to not index some pages. I have not this problem with my websites

jenkinhill

I think it's a bad idea to remove these as not only will you provide "permission" to index private data, such as user details, carts and orders, but you could end up being penalised for duplication or customer information.

The string is hardcoded to be added in view.html.php for vmplg as well as askquestion, cart, inoice, orders, user and others.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ex3mist

The old site didn't have restrictions to this page, so I thought it's better to remove it from the new one too. That's why I wanted to do it.

jenkinhill

I'd guess that to comply with GDPR you have to prevent personal data from being indexed by SEs.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AH

The order details should not be visible to anyone but logged in users

If by some quirk they start getting indexed - and visible to anyone other than the Data Subject, you will have potentially disclosed sensitive user information to third parties - at which point you will be in breach of Data Protection Laws

That is why it is Highly NOT recommended to change such functionality.

The fact that it VM once did not try and prevent this. is not a reason to do it now.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

ex3mist

I got it. Thanks for the replay and Merry Christmas!