News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Terms of Services text cannot be fitted

Started by dhatzi, November 26, 2019, 09:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhatzi

Hello guys,

I am facing the following issue:

I have added new text in Terms of Use but cannot be fitted, a lot of text is missing since I saved it.

Please advise what to do in order to solve my issue.

Thank you and regards

Jörgen

Do You have enough rights ?
Do You use any special editor that strips the text ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

dhatzi

Note that because text cannot be fitted to the width I have created a table of 3 columns and I have added text in the middle column. In that way the text at the end of the text is dissappering after save

dhatzi

Hello Jorgen,

I think so TinyMCE :)

I have permissions because the text is saved but not all the text I am adding

GJC Web Design

without a live url I doubt anyone can help you
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jjk

With that link we can see your workaround, but not the original problem. (I suppose it's a problem with your T3 template).
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

dhatzi

Thank you for your replies.

The question is: is there a limitation on how much characters can be fitted in the Terms and Services?  or it is a problem on my website? Normaly had you tested to add a long text in the Terms and it worked?

Jörgen

I have not tested this, I use include_content_item to include a Joomla article into the TOS field. This way I can have the same text available on the website through a menu item for the customer to view.

Include a numbered amount of characters and see when they are not stored any more.  Then You will discover if there is a limit.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

jjk

Quote from: dhatzi on November 27, 2019, 10:23:39 AM
The question is: is there a limitation on how much characters can be fitted in the Terms and Services?  or it is a problem on my website? Normaly had you tested to add a long text in the Terms and it worked?

In the database the data object vendor_terms_of_service is set to TEXT = 65,535 characters - 64 KB
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

dhatzi

Thank you Jorgen and jjk.

I will test both and let you know.

jenkinhill

Jörgen thanks for the tip about using  include_content_item.  I have always used the "Articles Anywhere" plugin from Regular Labs, but include_content_item seems to offer additional functionality.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jörgen

Hello Jenkins

I have contributed to the code a couple of times. The last contribution, multi language, has only been implemented in my personal code. If You are interested I would gladly send You a copy.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

jenkinhill

Thanks, Jörgen, but I don't need multi-language. We make it a policy to only work on sites in English, not out of any prejudice, but because we now only have clients from UK and USA.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jörgen

That is understandable. Have a Nice Day.
Jörgen @ kreativ fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x