News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Cant see my product in the shop

Started by rolimoli, October 10, 2012, 15:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rolimoli

Hey people!

So. I actually didnt want to ask in this forum for help but now I am, because I cant find a solution myself.

Its a really ridiculous thing. I have one product in my shop that I sell. It was never a problem to see the product in the webshop.
But now... when I click on the menu item SHOP... I get a page where my product is missing. But I dont know why.

So what I did is... deleted the product and made it NEW. It is a virtual product, in this case an mp3 file. The product option is on public and also the rest of the options should be fine. I mean theres not a lot to do actually. Maybe somebody could give me a hint for this? Maybe I have forgotten something important?

Oh nearly missed an immportant detail. I coudnt see the product anymore after updating to 2.0.12b.

As seen on the attachment below, when clicking on Shop the text as shown arises. Its in german and shows the newest products and a short text.

Greets

[attachment cleanup by admin]

rolimoli

Unfortunately nobody helped me on this topic but I have to get it going.

Ok. Here's the thing. The problem just occurs when I update my virtuemart Version from 2.0.10 to 2.0.12b
In 2.0.10 the shop is shown properly.

I have checked all the options in 2.0.12b and made them as they are in 2.0.10. Still not working!

As i, as mentioned in my first post,  I sell virtual products. I am asking myself if maybe the extension (plgvm_istraxx_download_vm2.0.8_1.5.zip) isnt working fine with virtuemart 2.0.12b? Just an idea!

I also thought of a problem relating to the itemid470. As I had another Joomla Version in a subcategory of Joomla (as shown:/Joomla/Joomla2) I thought that there might be a conflict between the itemid. Now I brought Joomla2 on the same level as /Joomla, so I have www.mydomain.at/Joomla and www.mydomain.at/Joomla2

In this case there shouldnt be any conflict anymore or? I am really not familiar with this. Maybe i am writing crap! ;(

Would really appreciate it, if somebody could help me on this!! If you need additional information let me know.

Greets  :(

jenkinhill

Is the product assigned to a shopper group other than  -anonymous- ? If so it will not display unless the shopper is already logged in and assigned to the same shopper group. For most sites there is no need to even touch Shopper Group at all as it defaults to anonymous.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rolimoli

Hey Jenkinhill!

Thx for your reply!!!

I looked that up and tried it with shopper group on anonymous and also I tried the other options as deafault and more options possible. No change, the product is not there. I attached a file so you can see if I made the right option.

Thanks!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Shopper group looks OK. Are you using template overrides? If so have you checked thet they are updated?   Changes in output are in the live update information - quicklink is http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_content&id=416  with links to earlier update changes at the bottom of the page and there are images of the changes in the _layout_changes.zip file for each update (from http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files)
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum