News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Joomla\CMS\HTML\HTMLHelper Select not found

Started by MAD King, October 24, 2023, 19:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAD King

Updated to Joomla 5 and get this error when trying to edit a product.

This is really urgent!

QuoteAn error has occurred.
500 Joomla\CMS\HTML\HTMLHelper Select not found.

VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla 5.0
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

hazael

you can temporarily remove it

in /libraries/src/HTML/HTMLHelper.php

in line 158 delete this entry:

// if (!$path) {
//   throw new \InvalidArgumentException(sprintf('%s %s not found.', $prefix, $file), 500);
// }

/libraries/vendor/joomla/filesystem/src/Path.php

in line 193
//   if (!\is_string($path)) {
//           throw new \InvalidArgumentException('You must specify a non-empty path to clean');
  //      }

MAD King

Thanks. I restored it back to Joomla 4.4.0 and will wait a few months before updating to J5.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

hazael

I'm currently testing Joomla 5 - it's not a disaster. I think Milbo will quickly update this VM to the new Joomla.

Ro CSVI for Joomla 5 - will be ready in a week. Generally, all components work without any problems.
The missing languages (​​for joomla 5) can be easily installed from Joomla 4 - I don't see any difference ;-)

MAD King

Quote from: hazael on October 25, 2023, 00:08:52 AM
I'm currently testing Joomla 5 - it's not a disaster. I think Milbo will quickly update this VM to the new Joomla.

Ro CSVI for Joomla 5 - will be ready in a week. Generally, all components work without any problems.
The missing languages (​​for joomla 5) can be easily installed from Joomla 4 - I don't see any difference ;-)

Yeah, I will wait.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

Milbo

The next release will not be tested against j5 by the release team. But after that.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

MAD King

Quote from: Milbo on October 25, 2023, 22:27:51 PM
The next release will not be tested against j5 by the release team. But after that.

Yeah, I will wait, as long as you can fix the related products not showing.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

Milbo

Btw all Select. must be select. So just lowercase
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

bestcons

Thanks a lot for the quick fix. Easy piece of cake :-)

Nilsy

Quote from: hazael on October 24, 2023, 23:48:47 PM
you can temporarily remove it

in /libraries/src/HTML/HTMLHelper.php

in line 158 delete this entry:

// if (!$path) {
//   throw new \InvalidArgumentException(sprintf('%s %s not found.', $prefix, $file), 500);
// }

/libraries/vendor/joomla/filesystem/src/Path.php

in line 193
//   if (!\is_string($path)) {
//           throw new \InvalidArgumentException('You must specify a non-empty path to clean');
  //      }

I was thinking the same!
But wasn't smart enough to get that Path file.
Thank you!

balai

Never hack Joomla! core files.
You will be left with surprise if you see your site down, after an update.

T.A. Garrison, LLC

It's been quite a while that there has not been the update to address "HTMLHelper.php"

Is there anywhere to download an update until there is an official release?
T.A. Garrison, LLC
3150 Orleans St. # 28261
Bellingham, WA 98228

T.A. Garrison, LLC

I've confirmed that the Quantity related price calculation from iStraxx IS the culprit!

When I disable that plugin everything works perfectly.

Of course with another development it could be a different plugin. But disabling plugins will tell you which one is causing the 500 error about the helper file.

It's been nearly 3 weeks with no response from my ticket about the issue and the site is completely on hold as a direct result.
With thousands of child products there is no way I can continue to develop the site until I know I do not need to return to each product to update something - or change to another method that will set me back months.

When is the release for Quantity related price calculation planned? I'm a paying member.
T.A. Garrison, LLC
3150 Orleans St. # 28261
Bellingham, WA 98228

Thomas Kampp

On the VirtueMart (VM) webpage is states: "VirtueMart 4.0.x is the latest stable version available. It is compatible with Joomla! 3.10.x and Joomla! 4.2.x. and Joomla! 5.0.x.". (http://virtuemart.net/download)

THUS THE CURRENT VM 4.2.4 SHOULD WORK WITH JOOMLA 5 - And yet it does not work with Joomla 5?
So this error "500 Joomla\CMS\HTML\HTMLHelper Select not found" must have been there for a long time apparently?

I am told that if you buy VM 4.2.6 is should work. But how can that be compared to the above quote?

Can it really be that one needs to buy VM for it to work on the active version of Joomla (thus making it payware)?
Danish Joomla Services: www.toolmaster.dk
Danish Joomla Services: www.joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla Hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk
Danish Smart Home: www.smart-home-konsulent.dk
Danish Subject Blog: www.sutra.dk