News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Order Email Not Sent to Client nor received by Store

Started by rojones31, June 17, 2015, 01:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rojones31

Hello,

I have an issue I'm trying to solve. 

1st Issue:
I almost lost a client, because I didn't know that I received an order, because I was not notified by VM 3.  My client didn't receive an email nor did the store receive an email, but the paypal system sent an email confirming the order.  I have set the different parameters, but still it's a no go.  After the order was placed I logged into the backend of VM and the order was showing pending, so I changed the status from pending to confirmed and notified the customer and still no email was sent out to the client nor did the admin email receive an email.  How can I fix this issue to send out the order emails?   

Please help,
RJ

jenkinhill

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=79799.0

The payment plugin should set a confirmed status if payment is successful. Make sure that the settings in Config/Checkout for  Default Order Status to send email to ---  are correct.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

xniickiidx

I am having the same problem, and I have checked settings in Config/Checkout which are set to send emails for all status's - did you manage to find a solution to this issue??

Thanks in advance, Nicola

rojones31

Here are my selections below for the config/checkout and Im still not receiving the proper emails. 

Default Order Status to create an invoice: Confirmed by shopper & Confirmed

Default Order Status to send email to shopper   :  Confirmed

Default Order Status to send email to vendor: Confirmed by shopper, Confirmed, Cancelled, Refunded & Shipped

This is driving me nuts that I can't find the solution.  Should these be selected in the config/checkout?

@xniickiidx  did you find any head way to rectify this problem?

RJ

xniickiidx

rojones31 I have not found a solution anywhere for this and I need to get it sorted ASAP for my customer.

I have set up the same as you and tried different config/checkout options but it makes no difference - the order notification emails still do not send automatically.

I am getting frustrated with it now because I have had to take the website offline until this issue is fixed, if you do find out how to fix this then please share with me and vise versa.

Thanks, Nicola

rojones31

@xniickiidx Will contact you if I find out the solution to this problem.  Please do the same

RJ