News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

USPS alatak not working

Started by juanmrad, July 31, 2013, 19:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juanmrad

Hi,
I bought the usps plugin ad i have a problem the plugin is not showing any error either options to pick a shipping option.
excuse my English I'm a Spanish speaker.

Can someone help me?
I had it set good but after updating it this happened.
<a href="computernc.com">Web Design - Computer Repair</a>

alatak

Hello
On July 28, 2013, USPS made changes to several of its API. It has affcted the plugin. You must use the latest version. Other wise it does not work.

The changes concern mostly the name of their services.

The Express Mail shipping options is renamed "Priority Mail Express." This affects the following all the services that are named 'Express Mail' or 'Express Mail xxx'

Priority Mail is now Priority Mail 2-Day

The Express Mail International is be renamed "Priority Mail Express International." This affects the following all the services that are named "Express Mail International" or "Express Mail International xxx"

I have done some tests:
SHOP ZIP: 93510
CLIENT ZIP 77511
the answer from USPS is
USPS Standard Post ($30.47)
USPS Priority Mail 2-Day ($55.25)

SHOP ZIP: 93510
CLIENT ZIP 93510
USPS Standard Post ($17.58)
USPS Priority Mail Express 1-Day ($58.30)

The plugin sends a request to USPS and ask for all services (and rates) available from ZIP code to ZIP code. It then compares whith the services selected in the configuaraion.
As you can see depending on the destination ZIP code, the USPS Priority Mail 2-Day, USPS Priority Mail Express 1-Day is sometimes returned by USPS, and sometimes not.

It is important that you check the services selected.

juanmrad

thanks.
yes i was using the version 2.0.8_1.28 I didn't knew that there was a new update :)
<a href="computernc.com">Web Design - Computer Repair</a>

alatak

Hello
Yes. Unfortunalty there are since sunday, there has been some updates. The USPS Test web site was not bahaving the same as theproduction one.