Errors when installing VirtueMart 2.0.6 STABLE on Joomla 2.5.6

Started by Ryan, July 01, 2012, 19:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

Hi, I have a brand new Joomla installed (version 2.5.6) and went to install the latest VirtueMart only to get the following errors:

When uploading the com_virtuemart.2.0.6.tar.gz file, I get this error:

QuoteWarning, the Safe Path is empty, for safety reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL, create also a folder invoices in it to store your sensitive data secure. Our suggested path is for your system /home/NAME/public_html/vmfiles/, use this link to the

When uploading the com_virtuemart.2.0.6_ext_aio.tar.gz, I get this error:

QuoteWarning: require(/home/NAME/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/config.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bovg/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone/admin.virtuemart_allinone.php on line 36

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/NAME/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bovg/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone/admin.virtuemart_allinone.php on line 36

My joomla installtion is located in a sub director of my public_html folder.  So, my joomla resides in /public_html/shoppingcart/

It appears that the second error is looking for the file in the public_html directory and not the proper directory, which is /public_html/shoppingcart/

Thanks for the help!

Ryan

Anyone have any ideas why I am getting these errors?  Thanks for the help! :O)

Milbo

"Warning, the Safe Path is empty, for safety reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL, create also a folder invoices in it to store your sensitive data secure. Our suggested path is for your system /home/NAME/public_html/vmfiles/, use this link to the"

This is not an error, would you call the indicator showing that your car is running out of gas is an error? It is an hint, an advice for an action you should do to get a safe store. :-)

But I dont have no clue for the  "failed to open stream: " warning.

For that I need to know more about your server, seems to be very specific.

and btw, you should use the 2.0.8b
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Tim Miller

I've had this same problem.

However after creating the two directories, vmfiles and then invoices, I still cannot seem to clear this error. They are both set to 755.

Appreciate any assistance!

tm

bytelord

Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!