REJECTED UNREPRODUCEABLE Restricted access Order not found error

Started by marfisk, July 31, 2013, 01:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marfisk

Edited to add: This problem solved itself. Not a good answer, but seeing as I can't reproduce it any more myself on either my live or dev environment, I have to guess it was a stuck Joomla setting.

I haven't checked the code, so this is a pure end user report.

I have reproduced these steps exactly in both Safari and IE10 with the exact same results. The Digitoll downloads Joomla extension is involved, but the error happens regardless of whether a download is clicked or not:

1) Log in as a Virtuemart User with existing Orders.
2) Go to Order History using the Menu item module VirtueMart ยป List Orders
3) Open an order
3a) Optional - download a file.
4) Click a category listed using the VirtueMart Category module
5) Page redirects to Restricted access!Order not found! It may have been deleted.
5a) Click on any other category and the error remains
5b) Click on a non-VM menu item and the view resets to normal and the categories are viewable again.

It appears that the issue is some variable is being maintained in the session that is not handled appropriately by the category view, i.e. reset because it's not an order-based page.

I'm running

PHP Built On    Linux web01 3.2.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.41-2+deb7u2~bpo60+1 x86_64
Database Version    5.1.66-0+squeeze1-log
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.2.17
Web Server    Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface    cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.13 Stable [ Ember ] 24-July-2013 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT

Using the JSN Decor template, and the Digitoll downloads plugin.

Thanks,
Margaret

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

marfisk

I'm not the only one reporting this based on a web search, but there must be a piece missing.

My customer's site just went live, but I will be building a mirror dev site. I'll see if I can track this down further there.

alatak

Hello
I tried also. I cannot  reproduce your problem on safari +mac.

marfisk

I built the mirror and tried to reproduce. I couldn't either, and now it's working fine on live too. I'm not thrilled by miraculous problem resolution, but I did add a module so maybe something was stuck in the install. Rejected this myself :).

mb000000

J2.5.14 & VM2.0.22a

Hi,

I'd be interested to know if you were getting PHP notices beforehand / associated with the problem about an undefined offset in router.php.  I ask this as I was experiencing the same problem intermittently and when I did get it, I always seemed to get the notice.  For me, the "restricted access order not found" error occured after a payment plugin I am writing had previously failed and I then went back to the browser to redisplay the basket (sorry, cart).  If I returned to the browser after a prolonged period of time (maybe 15 minutes, but I didn't time it), the problem didn't occur, so I assumed it was a session related issue, although I did follow up on the PHP notice in router.php (see thread http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=117685.0), made a test change to the offending line in there and then couldn't reproduce the problem.

Mark

mb000000

J2.5.14 & VM2.0.22a

In my set up I think I see what is happening (but have yet to work out why).  I have SEF enabled (but not URL rewriting, nor add suffices to URLs).  I have two menu entries to VM->Account Maintenance (alias "your-account") and VM->List orders (alias "your-orders").

If I simply login using the "your-account" link, then the VM catalogue entries (on the left in my layout) show as <site DNS entry>/index.php/your-account/<category x>, <site DNS entry>/index.php/your-account/<category x+1> and so on.  If I click on one of the catalogue links, it still shows my just-logged-in details (and not the corresponding VM category view).

If, whilst still logged in, I follow the list orders link, then the VM catalogue entries now show as <site DNS entry>/index.php/your-orders/<category x> and so on.  If I follow one of the catalogue links now, then the site issues a PHP notice (this is my dev site) and then a PHP warning and finally the "Restricted access!Order not found! It may have been deleted." message of the title of this thread.

The PHP notice is "Undefined offset: 1 in .........\components\com_virtuemart\router.php on line 468"
The PHP warning is "Warning: Creating default object from empty value in .........\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\models\orders.php on line 153"

I have been able to reproduce the problem consistently now.  If I turn off SEF, the errant behaviours above revert to the expected (and desired) behaviours.

Hope this helps

Mark

marfisk

I'll double-check my logs, however this makes a lot of sense as far as why I don't see it anymore.

I had to make an SEF change to the theme we're using (JSN Decor) because it prevented a spam check plugin from working (and blocking spammers is more important), so if this is an SEF issue, that may have changed the criteria so I don't see the Virtuemart error anymore either. Here's the info on the change I made:
http://joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/forum/ecc-easycalccheck-plus/7992-spam-check-1-2-3-but-why-it-say-you-failed-the-spam-check-please-try-again?start=10#8899

As to the logs, there's honestly a lot of error calls from virtuemart, but I did see the router ones in there as well. I've attached a log of all the virtuemart errors here for your review.

Here are my SEO Settings
Search Engine Friendly URLs Yes
Use URL rewriting No
Adds Suffix to URL No
Unicode Aliases No

Cheers,
Margaret

[attachment cleanup by admin]