News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Not all users are importing

Started by newsomjk, February 08, 2014, 15:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newsomjk

We migrated from VM1 to VM2 and I'm re-migrating users as a trial run before we launch the site.

The migration isn't getting all of the users though. We have 12256 users and the import only ever gets 9692. I tried breaking the table up into smaller chunks, and reimported what should have been 937 users and it only imported 917...

Is there a reason some users won't import that I could fix? or is there any solution to this?

mbarry

Hi newsomjk,

A couple of things to check:
1. What version of Virtuemart and Joomla are you using?
2. Do you have the output from the migration process? Please rerun the Migration process a couple of times so that we can see what it is reporting on each run.
3. As you have a large number of users, the migration process could take a number of runs before it completes the full import; the migration results should be able to tell us where it is at.
4. Also, if the "Server settings of max execution time" is too short, it may never get beyond some maximum number of users since, there is still processing going on to simply reach the point where it left off from the previous migration run. I use a max execution time of 360 sec and Memory limit of the server = 512M.
5. Finally, I reported a bug http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=121519.0; this could also be affecting you.