News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Updated from 2.0.22 to 2.0.22c and now tax rule not working!

Started by pierre, October 01, 2013, 01:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierre

Hello,

I updated from 2.0.22 to 2.0.22c and now my tax rule just for MN residents is not working.

The title of the tax rule still shows up on the cart page

This rule is the default rule, and all products were set to use default rule...
Just to be sure I tried setting a few products to the explicit rule instead of default rule with no result.

The tax rule is set to apply to all shopper groups.

I have NO html overrides in my template.

I have no clue what else to check.  PLEASE HELP!

pierre

OK, I just figured out taxes are working,  it just isnt displaying in the correct place.  Please see this image.
Before it was right next to the tax rule discription on the cart page.  Now it is way down below select shipping and billing.

Also, what is up with the "Step 4" text at the top of the cart page.

Please help!

AH

The first problem is a configuration setting

"Show checkout steps" used to be a config setting in checkout page.  No idea where taht wen in 2.0.22e
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jenkinhill

There were some required (for security) template changes when 2.0.22c was introduced, so you should check your template overrides. There is a note about this in the second paragraph of http://virtuemart.net/news/list-all-news/446-important-security-release-vm-team-at-joomladay-germany

The 'show checkout steps' switch has been removed as it never worked properly, and replaced with the ability to use a single page checkout. Your 3rd party checkout templates may need editing to remove the old step display, or you can hide it with css  or use a language override to replace the words with an empty string.

Current VM version is 2.0.22e and 2.0.24 is in late testing.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jenkinhill

In SVN or on the dev Skype network. PM Milbo if you need access there.

Update:  Now available on http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum