News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Ajax Calls Keep Breaking Plugins - Sigplus

Started by kaiserdom, March 12, 2016, 17:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaiserdom

Hello everyone.

I'm once again confused as it concerns Ajax calls which keep breaking JavaScript of Joomla Plugins. I installed Simple Image Gallery (SigPlus) and loaded an image gallery in a product details page. Everything had been okay, until  I called AJAX through product multi-variant selection,which broke the plugin's JQuery. Is there a way to fix problems emit from VM JavaScript Handler policy? It's very annoying that a Joomla based platform can't operate properly with popular Joomla plugins. If not, is there a solution for SIGPLUS working with VM3 product details view?

Thank you guys and have a nice day.

Joomla 3.4.8
Virtuemart 3.0.12

PRO

Milbo

The solution is simpel, just disable the vm ajax. I doubt that joomla solved this problem. Reloading JS via ajax is not trivial, because it must be  inline. Or you preload the gallery always and you need an extra js providing the event trigger to activate the js on the new "onready" event.

You can also rewrite the implementation of the JS, and use the vm js handler, which takes care of that.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

kaiserdom

I decided to use the Sigplus Module  instead, just below product details area,  without having to interfere with AJAX calls.