News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Is it possible to create categories for manufacturers??

Started by kratzi, November 02, 2014, 23:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kratzi

Hi

as asked in the title is it possible to create categories for manufacturers in manufacturer view.

F.e. I have the manufacturer "bliddyspam" and want to create categories "Shoes" "t-shirts" etc only for the manufacturerbliddyspam.

How do I do that??

Thank you

kratzi

John2400

I'm just wondering if you could create two types of categories.

eg.. One for just shirts ( all shirts) and one for your Manufacturers.

Put your products into into both groups-- then create an extra menu .. one specially for the product grouping of VM - Categories and the other might have its own heading - Manufactures ..  I'm sure you could purchase an extension that does this but the non cost way might be to create your own.

remember look here  to see if there might be an option for new Categories - http://extensions.virtuemart.net/

kratzi

Hi,

I am not sure if I understand you right.
Do you mean that I could create a tree like this:

·Manufacturers
  - Nike
  - Puma
  - bliddyspam
    ·T-Shirt
    · Shoes
  - Fila

This would be of course possible but its not a nice solution in my opinion. If you are very interested in Nike shoes it is good to have only categories etc. for this products type.

I was searching for modules that would do something like this for longer now but couldn't find any.

Regards

balai

I think you need a filtering solution

Use the categories for the products categorization (Shoes, T-shrts..)
and assign manufacturers to your products.

By using a filtering solution you will get the relative manufacturers when you are visiting a category.
Check Custom Filters
http://breakdesigns.net/extensions/custom-filters

kratzi

Well yes but I am still not able as a customer to shop only for one brand.

I mean if someone is really intereseted in only one brand and want to check out which articles we have from this one manufacturer he can't do that with filters.

Also in regards to SEO I can't use filters as it would be necessary to write a text for the category.

I really wonder there is no solution for this in VM as it is something I can find in many other shops.

And also there is no plugin which would solve this.

Would anyone else be interested in this feature?

Regards

balai

QuoteI mean if someone is really intereseted in only one brand and want to check out which articles we have from this one manufacturer he can't do that with filters.

Also in regards to SEO I can't use filters as it would be necessary to write a text for the category.

Have you checked my suggestion?
Just download the free version for a test