News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Error installing Virtuemart

Started by w2kr, April 30, 2012, 12:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w2kr

I'm getting the same issue when upgrading from 2.0.4 to 2.0.6  I upgraded by using the extensions manager
My configuration
Database Version    5.1.56-log
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.2.17
Web Server    LiteSpeed
WebServer to PHP Interface    litespeed
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.4 Stable [ Ember ] 2-April-2012 14:00 GMT

Its on a shared hosting so I don't have control over the MySql.   Is this a limitation with VM2 2.0.6

Does this make it not upgradable?

Here is my list of errors

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/eco21378/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 377

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/eco21378/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 377

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/eco21378/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/table.php on line 406

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/eco21378/public_html/tmp/install_4f9e6882d6758/install/script.virtuemart.php on line 305
VmConfig::installVMConfig: COM_VIRTUEMART_SQL_ERROR DB function failed with error number 2006

and more

jenkinhill

This is the third report of this error. In each case the PHP version was 5.2.1  - Joomla 2.5 requires PHP at least version 5.2.4 and preferably 5.3.x  (http://www.joomla.org/technical-requirements.html)  Similarly VM2 really needs a late 5.2 version or preferably 5.3

Try installing from tmp. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101814.msg337895#msg337895
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Globacide Solutions

I'm having the same issue.

It seems the PHP version is not the cause. I had 5.2.17 when this happened. Tried upgrading PHP alone, to 5.3.7, and the issue is still there.
Emilian Manolache
Globacide Solutions
VirtueMart Affiliate

Globacide Solutions

Oh my God! This guy is right!

Extracting the original ".tar.gz" package file, re-packing it to ".zip" and installing it fixes the issue!

I suppose there may be a character/character set issue in the VM config parameters that the installer tries to create, caused by storing it as GZIP, or simply a GZIP parsing issue on some servers.

So this is the final fix. Perhaps you would consider re-packing and providing all packages as .zip, or finding the source of the issue.

UPDATE: This also applies to the AIO package. Trying to install it as .tar.gz will not work, although it doesn't display any error message. Re-packing it as .zip fixes it.

Cheers!
Emilian Manolache
Globacide Solutions
VirtueMart Affiliate

jenkinhill

Quote from: Globacide Solutions on May 31, 2012, 12:02:45 PM
I suppose there may be a character/character set issue in the VM config parameters that the installer tries to create, caused by storing it as GZIP, or simply a GZIP parsing issue on some servers.

A Linux server tech I spoke to said it looks like a parsing issue similar to those he has seen with bz2 files on some servers.

The VM2 dev versions are now being provided as .zip as well as .tar.gz but the problem with using .zip is that the package sizes are above the PHP default upload_max_filesize of 2Mb which most cheaper hosts do not change. ( com_virtuemart.2.0.7d.zip is 2.1Mb and com_virtuemart.2.0.7d_ext_aio.zip is 2.43Mb)
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Globacide Solutions

I see.

Well they can still manually upload the ZIP packages to the tmp folder and install from there. It's still better than not being able to install at all.

I do, though, understand your concern that you can't provide the packages as ZIP only.
Emilian Manolache
Globacide Solutions
VirtueMart Affiliate

rbatista

Hi
I have a local computer with 2GB RAM and 80GB HDD were I installed Ubuntu 12.04 (32 bits) and I am using it like a server.

I have installed Joomla!2.5.4

I have this :
WEB SERVER
Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)
MySQL client version: 5.5.22
PHP extension: mysqli
PHP Version : 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.1
phpMyAdmin : Version Information: 3.4.10/1dbe1

I have installed BreezingForms, Extplorer, K2 without any kind of problem.
But now I am trying to install VirtueMart 2.0.6 stable and I can not do it :(
I unzipped it and I got the Dirs com_virtuemart.2.0.6.tar.gz and com_virtuemart.2.0.6_ext_aio.tar.gz

I put those two Dirs at var/www/tmp  and using the Extension Manager:Install  --> Upload Package File  --> I select com_virtuemart.2.0.6.tar.gz
and I always receive the same message at the Browser (after 1 minute or so) "/localhost/administrator/index.php?option=com_installer&view=install"  but the page look totaly in blank (nothing showing)

If I use :
Install from Directory
Install Directory  ./tmp   --> Then it shows me this message :
"JInstaller:Install: Cannot find XML setup file... Path does not have a valid package."

I put those files in the following directories :
../tmp
../var/tmp
../var/www/tmp
And nothing is working

*- I have used "sudo chmod 777 "  to all the Directories

*- I modified the files :
/etc/php5/cli/php.ini
/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
and put this :
max_execution_time = 360

And still Nothing is working...
What's wrong with me ?

Thanks for any help !!!

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

rbatista

Mr. Jerkinhill... You have save my time  :)

I have installed VirtueMart with those code you wrote before :

Important php.ini settings are:

; Resource Limits ;
max_execution_time = 120
memory_limit = 128M

; File Uploads ;
upload_max_filesize = 32M

post_max_size = 32M

With that, everything looks fine...

I am very thankful