News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Migrating Order error

Started by Hammerhead, October 20, 2011, 23:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammerhead

When trying to migrate my legacy orders, instead of the historic integer numbers, I'm getting strings that look like: '73_1fdf88b8b063a18190e7b6462f9f5' in the order number field, but the order ID field is a normal integer.  Is that normal?  Also, all of the dates reflect the date of the migration, not the date the order was actually placed.  What did I do wrong, and can I go into the DB and manually change the strings to correct this?  I have only about 50 orders in question, so it's easily done.

Thanks!

Milbo

ah thanks for this advice. Yes the described behaviour is normal, but I think I should use for the imported order_numbers the order_id of the old order and use the original date.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Hammerhead

Quote from: Milbo on October 21, 2011, 13:19:13 PM
ah thanks for this advice. Yes the described behaviour is normal, but I think I should use for the imported order_numbers the order_id of the old order and use the original date.
Milbo, I agree - original order dates are a far more useful reference.  The whole purpose is to help customers and merchants identify what was bought, when and by whom - especially for marketing reasons.

Is it safe to edit the tables manually to reflect the original original date so that I can get a little closer to going live?  I had planned on being live today (Friday 10/21), because I was under the impresson VM2 was production-ready, but it seems there are still a few things missing - like Authorize.net support, important for us US-based users.

If I allow the imported orders to remain in the store now, and I get new orders subsequent, can I re-import at a later date when this is fixed without breaking any new order information?

Thanks again!

Milbo

Hmm reimport when you have already new orders,... should work, but I am not sure about that.

yeah, there is a guy who wanted to write authorize.net. I think in your case you should edit it manually,.. it is not hard and you it shouldnt break anything, when you only edit the date fields, of course use the right format.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

IEdwards

This still seems to be a problem in 2.0.2, fairly critical if you are going to migrate a shop from VM1 to VM2 I would have thought.

I also notice that if you place a new order in a VM2.0 shop the order number is what would originally have been the order_id. Not a sequential number (1,2,3,4 etc) as in VM1.1.

Something's a bit messed up somewhere.

Ian
Information Systems for Business

IEdwards

I've just tried an import of the same VM1 data into Redshop (the free lite version) and it works as I would expect, order numbers are the same order numbers from my VM1 site. Also users import correctly which is not the case with the import tool in VM2 - I don't get any users imported with the VM2 tool. The one thing Redshop loses is the images which is not ideal. There are enough negative comments about Redshop to make me hang on a while and hope VM2 gets properly sorted but at the moment VM2 seems to have a way to go.
Information Systems for Business