News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Additional Images Don't Display on Product Page (VM 4.0)

Started by ml12, June 16, 2023, 18:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ml12

Hello everyone,

I am contacting you because I have a virtuemart 4.0 shop and I am very happy with this extension that works perfectly fine, except that when I add multiple images to a product, on the admin area it looks like everything is fine and all images are there but then on the front product page, it only shows the first image as the main one. There are no additional images.

I looked at the page source code and all the additional images are in it but only the first image is displayed.

I looked at the settings and tried to change them on "configuration > templates > media settings" but it doesn't resolve the problem.

I didn't find any information on this issue on the internet or in this forum either.

Does anyone know where the issue could come from ?
I'd very grateful if anyone can help in this regard !

Thank you and have a nice day,
ml12

GJC Web Design

what template are u using?  Have you tried with the standard Beez3 template?

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

More information is required I'm afraid. Exactly which VM and Joomla versions and a live site URL would be useful, as you may not be loading required JavaScript.

I see GJC has replied. You will only have Beez3 if you are using Joomla 3.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ml12

Thank you very much for your quick reply  :)

I am using Beez3 on a Joomla 3.9.28 site but I've just figured out that it was some customization code I wrote in a file I didn't check (while trying to see if that was the problem before posting), that was interfering with the additional images display.

By correcting it, it works perfectly now. I'm sorry for this mistake on my part.

I just have a last question if you don't mind. When I click on an additional image on the bottom of the main one on my site, it displays a fancy box to show it but on the VM demo's website, when I click on one additional image, it is displayed, not in a fancy box but take the place of the main image. I don't know if you understand what I mean but this is what happens on this page for example, https://demo.virtuemart.net/default-product-detail

How can I move from this fancybox to the additional image going into the main image?

Thanks and have a nice day,
ml12

pinochico

config -> template -> show additional images on main image position?

Dou you search in config, obviously not :D
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

ml12

Hello,

Thank you for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

Have a nice day and all the best,
ml12