News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

pricing display problems.

Started by tblueweb, August 28, 2012, 22:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tblueweb

Ok now I have a second issue with price display. I append it here as it seems to me to be related. If necessary I will open a new thread. I had a product in a different site with no price as I want to use the call for price feature. Worked fine. I set the price to test on a different site the price non-display issue. Same non-display. I try and remove the price and not I cannot set price to a zero or blank value. I.e. I cannot revert the product to call for price! The VM2 pricing features to me seem to be not ready for prime time. I now have two sites with pricing display problems. This new issue is SERIOUS as I cannot revert the product to call for  repricing without deleting and recreating the product. Editorial: I never had issues like this with VM1. Instead of moving my VM1 sites to VM2 its time to try another product. This is so frustrating.
__
True Blue Web Property Development
http://www.tblueweb.com

tblueweb

Here is I think an issue with call for pricing. I have a number of products that have never had pricing set or have a zero price. I have set "call for  price" if product price not set.

The call for price button does not show. Also the add to cart button shows when it shouldn't.

The code in default_showprices.php is

"if (empty($this->product->prices) and VmConfig::get ('askprice', 1) and !$this->product->images[0]->file_is_downloadable) {
      ?>
      <a class="ask-a-question bold" href="<?php echo $this->askquestion_url ?>"><?php echo JText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ASKPRICE') ?></a>
      <?php
   }"

Its is doing a not empty function on the product-prices array. 

When I set debugging  in the showprices code I get
Array
(
    [costPrice] => 0.00000
    [basePrice] => 0
    [basePriceVariant] =>
    [basePriceWithTax] =>
    [discountedPriceWithoutTax] =>
    [priceBeforeTax] =>
    [taxAmount] =>
    [salesPriceWithDiscount] =>
    [salesPriceTemp] =>
    [salesPrice] =>
    [discountAmount] =>
    [priceWithoutTax] =>
    [variantModification] =>
    [unitPrice] =>
)

I am not a php expert but the empty function is not returning true on the above array. If i modify the code to specifically test for 0 on the costPrice all works fine i.e i get the call for price button.

Before i code and hack all instances if the empty text on the array, what am I missing here? I am using 2.0.12 in J2.5.7. I must be wrong. VM2 cannot have been released with this bug if indeed its a bug. HELP.

David
__
True Blue Web Property Development
http://www.tblueweb.com

Yaku

I have the same problem. Just now I downgraded to 2.0.10 and got the button back.