Problem with the installation vituemart 2.0.8c on joomla 2.5.6

Started by michael.zv, July 14, 2012, 15:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michael.zv

I have installed joomla on my local machine (WampServer). After that I have installed virtuemart 2.0.8c as an extension on joomla, after the installation I saw that "The Installation was SUCCESSFUL" but i get an error too
- "Strict standards: Non-static method VmConfig::readConfigFile() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\wamp\www\Joomla256e\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\models\config.php on line 357".
I get that after I installed the "com_virtuemart.2.0.8c.zip" file, when I am trying to install the "com_virtuemart.2.0.8c_ext_aio.zip" I get "There was an error uploading this file to the server.". How can I fix this? or how can I install this correctly ?
TNX

[attachment cleanup by admin]

fhiroods

I have the same problem. I get some more messages:
•   Warning, the Safe Path is empty, for safety reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL, create also a folder invoices in it to store your sensitive data secure. Our suggested path is for your system F:\wamp\www\vmfiles\, use this link to the config
*      Strict standards: Non-static method VmConfig::readConfigFile() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in F:\wamp\www\joomla\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\models\config.php on line 357

And after installing com_virtuemart.2.0.8c_ext_aio.zip:
*      Strict standards: Declaration of JParameter::loadSetupFile() should be compatible with JRegistry::loadSetupFile() in F:\wamp\www\joomla\libraries\joomla\html\parameter.php on line 512

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

michael.zv

Tnx, All works fine now but while I am trying to install the "com_virtuemart.2.0.8c_ext_aio.zip" I get error - "There was an error uploading this file to the server.".
What can I do to fix this? It's really necessary to install this file ?
TNX

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

igwe

Hi,

Had the same Issue, and most of the solutions did not seem to work until I tried the following:

1. Copied the AIO zip file to the tmp folder in my joomla folder e.g. www/joomla2.5/tmp
2. Unpacked it into a folder e.g. www/joomla2.5/tmp/aio_package.
3. The from the Extensions Manager instead of Upload Package file, do the install from directory and specify the path to the unpacked folder aio_package
4. Click install.

It worked for me.

Hope it would for you as well

Cheers