News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

'Solution' for the card-getting-empty problem.

Started by Lexiboy, March 21, 2012, 01:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lexiboy

I just went into the Joomla database and changed the 'data' field of the jml_session table from TEXT into MEDIUMTEXT and this seems to solve the problem for me.

It seems that the field data of the jml_session table easily can outgrow the 64k limit of a TEXT field. With just 24 items in the basked the data increased from +/- 10k to over 80k. In a TEXT field that would truncate/destroy the data.

I cannot say this is very efficient... Would it not be much simpler to just save an array with product_id and quantities?
With kind regards,
Alex Stienstra

osp

and prices (due to the plugins), and customfields, and so on...Everytime you have some pros and cons. With IDs you have to go to the database...

Max already shrinked cart session data to possible minimum, so should be better.

Lexiboy

Quote from: osp on March 21, 2012, 13:31:25 PM
and prices (due to the plugins), and customfields, and so on...Everytime you have some pros and cons. With IDs you have to go to the database...

Max already shrinked cart session data to possible minimum, so should be better.

It is just that there is an enourmous amount of text in that field. ;-) I cannot judge yet about the changes after version 2.0.2.
With kind regards,
Alex Stienstra