Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Custom Field/Cart Variant Issue

Started by rbongartz, April 03, 2015, 15:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbongartz

Joomla Version: 2.5.22
Virtuemart Version: 2.6.8b

I recently did a failed upgrade to virtuemart 3 but reverted when my template was not functional. I backed up the site through my ftp client, reinstalled virtuemart 2.6.8b, and now all of my cart variants have been turned into a "string" type custom field. When I go to edit said custom field I cannot change the type to a cart variant, there is no option to do so. I made a new version of the cart variant custom field but when I go to put it on one of my product listings I get the following errors:

vmError: TableProduct_customfields: :store failed
        Unknown column 'custom_value' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `d0bc6_virtuemart_product_customfields` (`virtuemart_customfield_id`,`virtuemart_product_id`,`virtuemart_custom_id`,`custom_value`,`custom_param`,`published`,`ordering`,`modified_on`,`modified_by`) VALUES ('0','487','43','Traditional:','','0','0','2015-04-03 13:46:29','422')
        vmError: TableProduct_customfields: :store failed
        Unknown column 'custom_value' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `d0bc6_virtuemart_product_customfields` (`virtuemart_customfield_id`,`virtuemart_product_id`,`virtuemart_custom_id`,`custom_value`,`custom_price`,`custom_param`,`published`,`ordering`,`modified_on`,`modified_by`) VALUES ('0','487','43',' Striped:','3.5','','0','1','2015-04-03 13:46:29','422')

I've gone and looked around in the relevant section of the MYSLQdatabase/phpMyAdmin but I don't know enough to know where the problem lies.

Thank you in advance and I will post any relevant requested info

rbongartz

Update:

Forgot to mention some important information. When I installed VM 2.6.8b I get the following errors. From my limited knowledge I can only assume it is asking me to add columns to the database tables but before I go messing around in there I'd like to know what I'm doing. One last thing, I get no issues with the VM AIO installer.

Again, thank you in advance.

The errors:

vmError: alterTable ADD d0bc6_virtuemart_orders.customer_note :
        vmError: Tableupdater updating table d0bc6_virtuemart_orders throws error Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL=ALTER TABLE `d0bc6_virtuemart_orders` ADD customer_note varchar(20000) FIRST
        vmError: alterTable ADD d0bc6_virtuemart_product_customfields.custom_value :
        vmError: alterTable ADD d0bc6_virtuemart_product_customfields.custom_price : Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL=ALTER TABLE `d0bc6_virtuemart_product_customfields` ADD custom_value varchar(8000) COMMENT 'field value' FIRST
        vmError: alterTable ADD d0bc6_virtuemart_product_customfields.custom_param : Unknown column 'custom_value' in 'd0bc6_virtuemart_product_customfields' SQL=ALTER TABLE `d0bc6_virtuemart_product_customfields` ADD custom_price decimal(15,5) COMMENT 'price' AFTER custom_value
        vmError: Tableupdater updating table d0bc6_virtuemart_product_customfields throws error Unknown column 'custom_price' in 'd0bc6_virtuemart_product_customfields' SQL=ALTER TABLE `d0bc6_virtuemart_product_customfields` ADD custom_param varchar(12800) COMMENT 'Param for Plugins' AFTER custom_price
        vmError: alterTable ADD d0bc6_virtuemart_userfields.params :
        vmError: Tableupdater updating table d0bc6_virtuemart_userfields throws error Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL=ALTER TABLE `d0bc6_virtuemart_userfields` ADD params varchar(17000) FIRST

rbongartz

After some research I understand that there are some database changes between the version. Could someone running VM 2.x go to their database and list of the column names under "d0bc6_virtuemart_product_customfields"

Right now I have the following:

virtuemart_customfield_id
virtuemart_product_id
virtuemart_custom_id
customfield_value
customfield_price
disabler
override
customfield_params
product_sku
product_gtin
product_mpn