News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Problem with Virtuemart 2 All in one Installer – Live Update

Started by hello_hello, October 02, 2012, 22:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hello_hello

When I go to components > virtumart-aio I got this massage:
Strict standards: Declaration of LiveUpdateController::display() should be compatible with JController::display($cachable = false, $urlparams = false) in C:\wamp\www\Myfolder\administrator\components\com_virtuemart_allinone\classes\controller.php on line 16

I go to that line 16 but I don't know what to do...

Please help me

If it is needed I can upload screenshot

jenkinhill

I think you have a very recent version of PHP there for which Joomla 2.5 and VM2 have not been tested. Turn off error reporting in Joomla.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102555.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hello_hello

That helps me... Problem solved... Thanks very much.

But now I have another problem.... I can open a new post but let me ask here...

When I go to components > VirtueMart > Shop > shop i get bunch of errors (aboute 492 of them) even if I set errors to simple, it says:

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in C:\wamp\www\Myfolder\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\shopfunctions.php on line 278

What should I do now?

bytelord

Hello,

It think you didn't do what jenkinhill suggests you to do. That errors/warnings appears because the e_strict mode of PHP is activated on your server. Go to Joomla Global Configuration->Server->Server Settings->Error Reporting. Select "Simple", if still persists use none.

What's your PHP version?

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

hello_hello

That it is, when I set to none the errors is gone... Problem finally solved... Thanks you all for help.

And I using wamp server with 5.4.3 PHP, that makes a problem

bytelord

Hi,

Suggest to use PHP 5.3.x ... 5.4 is too new for joomla 2.5. Download wamp with PHP 5.3.13 or an older version of xampp.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!