News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Joomla template is different then Virtuemart template ?

Started by micgo, September 05, 2012, 09:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

micgo

Hello

i have found a few Joomla template. can they be as Virtuemart template ? or is there something i need to look for to make sure they will work the same way ?

ivus

Hi micgo,

As long as they say they are VirtueMart templates for Joomla. If it doesn't mention VirtueMart it's probably only for Joomla.

I should also mention they are version specific too. VM1 didn't use templates and Joomla 1.5 differs from 2+

jenkinhill

VirtueMart can be used in any Joomla template, as it is a component that displays within the template, but not all templates will show off your products etc to their best without a lot of extra styling work, editing some layout code and css.

There are a lot of Joomla templates available if you cannot or do not want to build your own. If starting out I would suggest you look for a Joomla template that is suitable for use with VirtueMart 2. This often means that it has template overrides in place already which are used to display the VM catgories/products instead of the standard display files included in the VirtueMart component.

Be careful if you decide to use "free" templates. There is a thread on forum.joomla.org warning that some free templates have been found to contain hidden code, often promoting the template author's work or own website. These hidden links could badly affect your ranking on Google.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum