News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

New to VirtueMart. Question about complex price calculator

Started by duncan12, June 27, 2012, 22:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duncan12

I would like to know if it is possible to create a price calculator for a print shop using VirtueMart and/or with addon extensions? It would need to calculate things, come up with a price, and let people check out. For example:

Quantity: 100
Paper Type: plain/glossy
Paper Weight: heavy/light
Colors: black&white/full color

Here is one that I saw online: http://clubprinting.com/posters.html
Does anybody know if that is custom work, or if that is possible using VirtueMart as-is?

Thanks!

jenkinhill

You can use a combination of price calculation and custom fields.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

duncan12

Hi Kelvin.

Thanks for the information. I might get a job out of it. I certainly appreciate it!

--Geoff

alf1234

Quote from: jenkinhill on June 28, 2012, 11:07:29 AM
You can use a combination of price calculation and custom fields.
how? can you please add more info? if he has 1x something or 100x something, or 200x something, how can he have a different price for each one?
i went through all the options in 2.0.6 and unless i missed something, then the way i see it, it is custom work...

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

alf1234

ok thanks. looks good.

but that's like buying a car and then being told you have to fork out extra cash for a steering wheel!

I'm willing to make a donation to have it part of "core" virtuemart, but there is no way i'm buying that.

hobbyholo

Quote from: jenkinhill on June 30, 2012, 16:20:40 PM
Multiple product discounts are handled via plugin, http://extensions.virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=7&virtuemart_category_id=2

Hello jenkinhill,
(I'm running Joomla 2.5.9 and VM 2.0.20b)

I need a combination of prices on 3 levels: "USERS > YEARS > QUANTITY".
Does this plugin do it?

Thank you for your help.
HorĂ¡cio