News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM2 Admin menu not showing up in components

Started by ravenn, February 11, 2012, 21:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ravenn

I am trying to fix the issue of the vm com admin menu not showing up. I've read this post http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95542.0 but I do not know what the "next available number" would be in the _menu table. How can I find this out?

I am trying to use the solution where

Quote from: cmatte on January 16, 2012, 17:35:50 PM
Use PhpMyAdmin.
Go in the _menu table and add a line:
(first available number here, 'main', 'VirtueMart', 'virtuemart', '', 'virtuemart', 'index.php?option=com_virtuemart', 'component', 0, 1, 1, 10007, 0, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 1, '../components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/vmgeneral/menu_icon.png', 0, '', 73, 74, 0, '', 1)
where you have to substitute "first available number here" with...what's written in :)

I suggest you do it manually creating a new voice with PhpMyAdmin, if you want to use SQL, sintax is:
INSERT INTO `WhatEverYouChoose_menu` (`id`, `menutype`, `title`, `alias`, `note`, `path`, `link`, `type`, `published`, `parent_id`, `level`, `component_id`, `ordering`, `checked_out`, `checked_out_time`, `browserNav`, `access`, `img`, `template_style_id`, `params`, `lft`, `rgt`, `home`, `language`, `client_id`) VALUES
(first available number here, 'main', 'VirtueMart', 'virtuemart', '', 'virtuemart', 'index.php?option=com_virtuemart', 'component', 0, 1, 1, 10007, 0, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 1, '../components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/vmgeneral/menu_icon.png', 0, '', 73, 74, 0, '', 1);

where "WhatEverYouChoose" has to be substituted by the table prefix you choose while installing Joomla.

ravenn

Solved my own problem  :o

I tried the first solution on that post and it solved the problem. I deleted the comm_virtuemart from the _menu table and dumped all vm tables and did a fresh install. Every things working.