News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

no website name in page title anymore

Started by EIF, February 05, 2024, 09:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EIF

With J3 and VM3 I used the Joomla option to display the website name in the page title.

Now, just updated to J4 and VM4, the website name is gone. The website is showing in Joomla pages only, but on every Virtuemart page the website name isn't visible anymore.

Anyone got an idea how to fix this?

Exact version I use is Joomla 4.4.2 and VM 4.2.4.

hazael

Quote<?php
$document = JFactory::getDocument();
$document->setTitle($this->product->product_name .' -  my website name');
?>

Milbo

Do you talk about the backend or the frontend? I changed the backend, because it was hard to navigate with a lot tabs.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

EIF

Frontend.

I will try the code in the post from Hazael.
But actually I started to wonder whether adding the website name to each product page is really useful, also in connection with SEO. Perhaps per category page, but perhaps not for a product. The title of the product itself is usually so long that there is no more room and it provides more unique titles than adding the website name on every page.

hazael

Quote from: EIF on February 07, 2024, 09:56:02 AM
But actually I started to wonder whether adding the website name to each product page is really useful, also in connection with SEO.
From my observations, it doesn't matter much and it doesn't add anything much. It only has visual value - it is easy on the eye.
You must know that the most important thing is the order of the displayed words - the first phrases have more power than the subsequent ones. The title cannot be longer than 60 characters. Excessive content will be trimmed at the end.

You should build the content of the entire website in the same way. If you want to rank high in the search engine for a specific phrase, you should rank it as high as possible in the page content.
The number of repetitions of a specific phrase is also crucial. There cannot be too few or too many of them. But I think you already know that because everything is in Google   ;)