Variant image click to change dropdown value

Started by boersb, September 29, 2019, 21:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boersb

Hi all,

I use the latest versions of Joomla and Virtuemart
Joomla! 3.9.12
VirtueMart 3.6.2 10159

Currently I put some products in my store to test and I managed to show all variants (colors in this case) on the product page. When I change the color in the dropdown menu the product images changes to the correct image and I see the correct price. Perfect!

Now I also want it the other way around: on the parent product i want to upload all the variant images and when I click on the variant image I want the dropdown selection to change to the variant (and thus also show the correct price). Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

StefanSTS

The short answer: No.

It is not totally impossible though.
I guess you could try to load the child product pictures and then send a link with that, but this is not a quick forum answer. Somebody will need to put some time into that.

Regards
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

Studio 42

You can use this plugin https://shop.st42.fr/en/products/product-child-variants.htm
But you need to add a custom position after the products thumbs and only chose to display image in the Professional product Child variants plugin.

boersb

Good to know. Thanks! Sounds like I can't do it in a half-a-day, so I'll leave this requirement open until I'm at a next phase. Maybe I'll give your plugin a try too then @studio 42, but first let's get some orders. :)