How can I edit the front page where I have all the Featured Products ?

Started by harel, January 20, 2013, 20:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harel

I wanted to find the php file where I can edit the Featured Products layout but I can't find where.

I need to add an add to cart button to the Featured Products.

Please help.

joomla 2.5.8
virtuemart 2.0.18a

jenkinhill

Joomla Module manager, open VM - Featured products module and set Show Add-To-Cart Link?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

nickwiebe

I don't see a VM Feature Products Module in my list...how can I get one?  Also, is there a way to move Featured products above Catagories on the home page?

jenkinhill

The VM - Featured products module is installed by the virtuemart aio component - find it in Joomla's module manager. You can publish the module(s) wherever you want in your Joomla template.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

nickwiebe

Thanks I figured out how to add the module and put it on this page:

https://pacificad.com/products/webstore

But what I really want to edit is the featured products in the main body of my store home page.  Here are the few things I want to do, maybe you can point me in the right direction.

- I want to move these featured products above the categories on my home page.
- how do i select how many products show in the featured section and how to order them?
- when you click on the product image in featured products, you only get a thumbnail of the product instead of going to product details.  how do I change this?

thanks for your help.

nickwiebe

I managed to find the answer to the third item on the list but could still use some help on the first two.

thanks,

Nick

azamkl

Hi Nick, can you point me in a direction on how did you solve your 3rd issue?

Thanks in advance.