News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

No payment option for guests

Started by blokarter, September 29, 2014, 19:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blokarter

I am very new to virtuemart and am currently finishing off a small site for a friend which is based on Joomla 2.5.25 and Virtuemart 2.6.10.

I have a minor issue with the payment options.
I have read various threads on this forum where the issue is mentioned but am unsure which would solve it.

There is only one payment option set on the site which is Paypal. It has been tested and is working fine for logged in members/customers however guests who build a shopping cart ( but have yet to provide details) are shown "No payment selected" "Select payment".If they click Select payment there are no options just the message "Please select a payment method".

I have the following two shopper groups
COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPERGROUP_GUEST, (which has an id 1)
COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPERGROUP_DEFAULT (which has an id 2) this one is set at the default group

I am unsure where they came from and assume they are default settings.
I have read several times that I should have a shopper group called "Anonymous" but I cannot find how to create this or if it is needed with the version I am using.
I also read about maybe needing to make changes in the database but I would be unsure how to do this.

Perhaps I am missing something but my questions are,
How do I make paypal appear for shoppers before they complete the registration form?
Do I need the anonymous group and if so how do I create it?

Thanks

jenkinhill

For what you describe shopper groups are not necessary at all. I suspect you may have a shopper group specified in your payment plugin? It should be left as "Available for all".
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

blokarter

Thank you once again for your help.

I did have both DEFAULT and GUEST Groups in my original Paypal options but have cloned it so they are not in the second one.
I have unpublished the original one (groups is set to available to all) and published the new one but still have the same problem

I tried to unpublish both shopper groups but got the error "Attention no standard shopper group set" on the public side of the site.

blokarter

I think I may have solved this.

I created a new paypal payment option and configured it one step at a time checking the cart at each stage.
It seems that setting the countries in the configuration side of the Paypal plugin was upsetting it. I have left it available to all and it seems fine.

I assume it is alright to do this.

GJC Web Design

Interesting - was it working with country configured and a country added for guest checkout?

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

blokarter

Thanks for your interest in this.

Yes I believe it was.
The site owner only wanted UK and Ireland set as he cannot ship to other countries and it is a small business.
I had those two countries set in all setting but had to remove them from the Paypal plugin to allow guests to see the payment option.

I hope that is clear.

Paypal have contacted him to inform himit is all working fine.