News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM 2.0.8e Order confirmation email path

Started by foadmg, August 23, 2012, 00:36:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foadmg

Sorry to bother guys, but after checking a few times for the answer I havn't found it anywhere so I guess I got no more chance than to hope for some mercy and kindness from the "wise elder" :P

I've been searching, but either I missed the obvious or I must get some sleep in order to find what I'm looking for.

But in VM 2.0.8e where the hell is the path for the order confirmation email sent by VM to customers? I know the path has changed from previous versions but I really can't find it! Help will be much apreciated and blessings will be sent to the generous soul who enlightens me! ;)

Tnx for your support and patience

bytelord

Hello,

you mean the mail layouts i suppose ...

You can take a look inside invoice folder (components\com_virtuemart\views\invoice\tmpl). You will find several files, for example:

invoice_items.php  / used for making the products list
invoice_order.php  / the order
mail_html.php / main mail body/structure
mail_html_footer.php /  the footer

... and more ...

_html_ are the mail information is you select html option for mails in the backens
_raw_ are the mail information is you select raw option for mails in the backens

First take a good study with them and then for making the overrides copy these files you wanna change to ...

joomla_folder\templates\your_joomla_template\html\com_virtuemart\invoice

and make your changes ... :)

hope helps you out.

Regards.
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

foadmg

Wow! That was fast and effective! Thanks a lot! I've been really blind since I didn't find the path, but you made my day!

I'll take a good look since I just want to cancel the invoice sent in the body of the email, change the header, the footer and give it a better look, since I'm using a different component for the invoice and the customer wants to send that invoice manually, so these changes are just to send a confirmation email but without shopping details, just a simple message and this way the customer doesn't get an invoice twice (the component + the one from VM!). So thanks again!!!! :D

bytelord

Changes yes, but what do you mean by:

QuoteI just want to cancel the invoice sent in the body of the email

you can configure from the back end if you want to send the invoice, do you mean the pdf attached with?

foadmg

Nah, I had already unmarked from the backend the pdf invoice attached, but still the confirmation email sends the invoice in the email (printed, not attached) so that's what I want to change so that it sends a clean email, just with confirmation but no invoice or purchase details. Those details and a pdf invoice will be sent by another component. So I guess removing some code will do the work.

bytelord

ok then,

you should consider to make overrides for that mails. Also do not change the invoice_items.php ... only the mail_html_*.php or mail_raw_*.php
You can do the following: Inside the invoice folder is the mail_html.php that load's the other template files ... so change only that one for your client e-mails ... just not load the other templates ... just yours ... (copy the files you need to change first to your joomla template folder under joomla_folder\templates\your_joomla_template\html\com_virtuemart\invoice)

that code is inside mail_html.php for example ... just comment the pricelist and no prices will be send via mail ... :)

// Shop desc for shopper and vendor
if ($this->recipient == 'shopper') {
    echo $this->loadTemplate('header');
}
// Message for shopper or vendor
echo $this->loadTemplate($this->recipient);
// render shipto billto adresses
echo $this->loadTemplate('shopperaddresses');
// render price list
echo $this->loadTemplate('pricelist');
// more infos
echo $this->loadTemplate($this->recipient . '_more');
// end of mail
echo $this->loadTemplate('footer');

Regards

foadmg

I have no words to thank you enough! ;)  And in such a quick and timely manner! I hope this will help others aswell.  Great job!

briggs

Hi I hope you expert guys can help me!

I have spent hours and days trying to find simple Hack to add multiple email addresses to send order confirmation email.

I use Joomla 2.5.8 and VM 2.0.14
I can read here that you have help with similar infect very close things., sorry my ignorance I am new to joomla and virtuemart and not developer at all.

if some one can help me to add one or 2 email address who can receive a order confirmation email along with vendor would be appreciated.

many thanks in advance.

Briggs

jenkinhill

Before anything else your Joomla & VirtueMart versions are very insecure and should not be used for a live web store. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0  Test updates first on a copy of your site, not on a live site.

I handle extra mails when required by setting up multiple forwarders on the mail server, which avoids any code hacks which would get overwritten during a VM update, and is a lot easier to set up and manage as no coding knowledge is required.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum