Shipment for Virtual Products - download link not sent

Started by freeme, March 25, 2012, 20:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freeme

Joomla 2.5.3
VM 2.0.3.e

Hi,
I installed the Virtual Downlads Plugin - there is a problem with the download link: sometimes the download link is included in the confirmation mail, sometimes not.

I also recognized that yesterday it worked for PAYPAL, but not for the STANDARD Payment.

Today, there were no download links at all in two test purchases.

This is really annoying, what is going on? Any ideas?

Studio 42

HI freeme,
The download link is only provided if you have a payment.
With standard payment we have consider this must not get the link because then the customer can download it and never give you the money for it.

freeme

Hi Electrocity,

yes thats right. But in the PENDING user mail, you already get the text about the download link. In the CONFIRMED user mail, you get the complete URL for download.

I think it is releated to the Yagendoo theme, I am using. I will make further investigations in this direction....

andrewvee

Hi. Before I purchase the extension SHIPMENT FOR VIRTUAL PRODUCTS, I wanted to know if it works to manage the selling of multiple versions. for example, I'm selling ebooks, and need to make purchasable downloads for ePubs, enhanced ePubs, PDF, and Mobi versions of the same book available for purchase. Does this plug in work for multiple file options of the same product. And if so, is it possible to set a differing price for each file versions without making a hole new product for each file version?
Thanks.

freeme

As far as I see it, you can set multiple downloadable files per product. But you cannot set different prices for each file. You either sell one or many files per product at a certain price. Or you set up several products with individual prices and with one downloadable file each.