News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

vmError: VmTableData Sef Alias in record is missing!

Started by realbenhur, May 05, 2014, 23:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realbenhur

My VM version is 2.5.20. For some reason, it won't update to 2.6, though that is not the reason for this thread. LOL

My problem... When I try to add a product category and update my billing method, I get the following error message and the process is interrupted and does not complete...

"vmError: VmTableData Sef Alias in record is missing! Can't save the record with no Sef Alias."

It's odd, as I was able to add Paypal as a billing method, but when I tried to add my merchant email address I got the above error upon saving.

I cannot add a single Product Category. Upon trying to save the category, I get the above message and nothing whatsoever is saved.

I have had this message in a few other instances, though I cannot recall which at the moment. Most important for the moment are the above. I am hoping the rest will resolve themselves with fixing the above.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ben

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

GJC Web Design

also under VM tools menu perhaps try Tools and Migration  -> Migration -> Install or if necessary update tables

this will update any table changes that may have been missed etc.. backup first
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation